The online racing simulator
LFSRemote: CrOS
(4 posts, started )
I get this message when trying to use LFS Remote in Google's ChromeOS.

InSim Relay connection failed : [SecurityErrorEvent type="securityError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2048"] - Error #2048

It fails to connect to the Relay, and I wonder if CrOS is more strict with Flash the normal Chrome is.

Google Chrome 13.0.782.43
Chrome OS 587.48 (Official Build) dev-channel x86-mario
Firmware Mario.03.60.1120.0038G5.0018d
WebKit 535.1 (branches/chromium/782@90037)
V8 3.3.10.17
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS i686 13.587.48) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.43 Safari/535.1
Flash plugin 10.3 r181 /opt/google/chrome/plugins/libgcflashplayer.so
--- GPU information ---
--- GPU driver, more information ---
Vendor Id 0x8086
Device Id 0xa011
Driver vendor Mesa
Driver version 7.10.2
Pixel shader version 1.20
Vertex shader version 1.20
GL version 1.4
GL_VENDOR Tungsten Graphics, Inc
GL_RENDERER Mesa DRI Intel(R) IGD
GL_VERSION 1.4 Mesa 7.10.2

Bug report was also sent to Google.
I would expect flash 10.xxx on OS(a) to work the same way as flash 10.xxx on OS(b). If not, then it may be a bug or something weird.
Error #2048 iirc is related to the flash policy file. I didn't provide one at some point in the past, and then we got error #2048 as well. But then I setup the policy provider and all worked again.

Flash needs to connect to our server to retrieve a policy file, so that flash knows what it may connect to (the relay). That policy provider runs on port 843. You can try to telnet it from CormeOS to see if that works at all. Next step would be to sniff and see if flash actually makes a successful connection to it and retrieves the policy file (very small, easy sniff). The next step is to see if the flash actually tries to connect to the relay (port 47474). I'm guessing it'll go wrong at one of these steps. If it does, then this is not something I can fix.

thread for reference material : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37896
Little topic bump:

I got the same error message on my phone when I'm on wifi. (It's an android phone). Both my laptop and my desktop connect fine on the same wifi.

Now here's the strange part: When I'm on the road in a hotel abroad and I'm on wifi the remote works fine. Same goes for when I'm at home and I connect to 3G. (This is of course not ideal, since it is really slow).

Is there a certain setting I need to fix in my router or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG