The online racing simulator
Others complaining about me lagging the server
I've been playing on the server ''iDrift Practise'' for a couple of times now, and other players are saying that I'm lagging and they are crashing/failing because of me, and I have no idea what is causing that as I don't notice see any lagging whatsoever It is probably because of my network because I was lagging on Xbox Live too. but please help
Well the problem is quite likely at your end; so make sure that you have a good internet connection.

If you're using other Internet based applications (skype, msn, torrent downloads etc) close them when you're on LFS.

If that doesn't help, do a quick test at pingtest.net and check your connection. iDrift is hosted in NL, so when your doing the pingtest, pick a NL host.

To see what the results mean, have a look in http://pingtest.net/learn.php

Hopefully you'll be able to improve your connection by simply closing non-LFS applications when you're online...
#3 - amp88
Wired or wireless?
Quote from Silverracer :Well the problem is quite likely at your end; so make sure that you have a good internet connection.

If you're using other Internet based applications (skype, msn, torrent downloads etc) close them when you're on LFS.

If that doesn't help, do a quick test at pingtest.net and check your connection. iDrift is hosted in NL, so when your doing the pingtest, pick a NL host.

To see what the results mean, have a look in http://pingtest.net/learn.php

Hopefully you'll be able to improve your connection by simply closing non-LFS applications when you're online...

Quote from nitrous_oxygen :Wireless.

try wired asap!!
I never trust wireless with games.

Also your PC has to be decent to play lagless.
- Turn MSN off
- Don't keep website's open
- Don't download << IS A MUST
- Reset once in a while your modem/router (just off power and power on)

Can you post your ISP specs?
Quote from brutal2 :try wired asap!!
I never trust wireless with games.

Also your PC has to be decent to play lagless.
- Turn MSN off
- Don't keep website's open
- Don't download << IS A MUST
- Reset once in a while your modem/router (just off power and power on)

Can you post your ISP specs?

I don't have a possibility to use wired connection as we don't have a wired connection contract etc. I don't have anything else running while playing and I'm no downloading anything. And because I don't know much about computers or networking I have no idea what ISP specs are
Hi, I am wireless too, so share your frustration/problem.

When you pull a list of available hosts, you will see a column containing ping times. This is a good indicator of your lag. I find if my ping time are less than 300ms, I rarely get complaints.

I also have 3 wireless ISP's (easy in South Africa as contracts are optional. though I find my on-contract ISP to be mostly reliable), so when one has high ping times, I switch.

You may also do a traceroute via your command.com prompt window to the host server to see where the problems are. But try www.pingtest.com, easy to use.

Sometimes it helps to disconnect, re-connect, re-boot pc, make sure no other programs are connecting the internet.

If you do get complaints, just leave and try again, or try a different host - some are better than others, even the same distance from you.

Weather may increase your problems too, I find on cloudy, pre-storm evening, that my lag issues are worse.

Good luck

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG