The online racing simulator
Hi-res Red and White autox barriers
Well, in celebration of improved collision detection on the infamous barriers of death, I decided to make a higher res texture for the Autox version.

Attached are pics of the old and new version, and the file. Hopefully you can tell which is which!

The other textures are either someone elses work, or the original files, not actually sure which now!
Attached images
barrier%20old.JPG
lfs_00000062.jpg
Attached files
AX_BARRIERS.dds - 1.3 MB - 541 views
The black trapezoids at the base have a weird 'splodge' on them rather than a straight top, and one side is missing the #000000 colour fill.

I think it would look better with less opacity to your black overlays.
The 'splodge' is from the original photo. I think its where the groove ends in the void area, but youre right, as the 3d model doesnt represent this shape. Thats an easy one to fix and ill get onto it.

Regarding the opacity, im not really sure what you mean? This dds doesnt have an alpha layer, so how do you make it less opaque? Im also not sure what you mean about the missing piece but would appreciate any help you can give

EDIT: 'Splodge' now fixed.
I just meant the black areas seem too black. I know the 3D model doesn't have the shapes that cause the black areas, but it they are holes, they would be dark grey, but not black, and probably not have such a harsh edge.

Hardly a biggie! A definite improvement on the original textures, especially without the splodge!
Quote :....Im also not sure what you mean about the missing piece....

I think it refers to the bottom edge indentation (shown as light gray), which you can see quite well in your first image, especially where the white barrier butts onto the red barrier.

In your image, you have the (sort of) indentation on the right hand side, but not the left.
Ahh, well thats not really needed. On my version that indent is the water drain (the barriers are plastic, and filled with water to provide weight). There only needs to be one.

I think he was referring to the edge textures which are about 1px wide at the edge of the main texture. However I dont see a problem with the ones I have mapped out which are just an extension of the main edge.
Quote from dynofiend :Well, in celebration of improved collision detection on the infamous barriers of death, I decided to make a higher res texture for the Autox version.

Attached are pics of the old and new version, and the file. Hopefully you can tell which is which!

The other textures are either someone elses work, or the original files, not actually sure which now!

i think this is Better

Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/?lwzcdwttz1e]Download
here
-
(wody21) DELETED by wody21
Love it! Love the weathering and damage, might try and update mine in my version a similar way. The only thing im not keen on is the 'floating' ends at the base of the barriers and that with lots in a row the damage might look too much of a pattern. Other than that these are brilliant and far superior to my versions!
Quote from dynofiend :Love it! Love the weathering and damage, might try and update mine in my version a similar way. The only thing im not keen on is the 'floating' ends at the base of the barriers and that with lots in a row the damage might look too much of a pattern. Other than that these are brilliant and far superior to my versions!

np m8 and sry give wrong Link =)

LFS Nick Name Kriss

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG