The online racing simulator
I cant log in to LFS
(26 posts, started )
I cant log in to LFS
When i try to unlock my account it says "error opening socket" I need fast answer plz. I downloaded new version.
Restart your PC then re download a fresh full copy of LFS.
Then try to unlock it should work fine.

SD.
what you mean with fresh full copy? and where i can download it`?
But my all setups and skins are lost?
install the new version to a different folder and then once you unlock your new version you can copy and paste the settings folder from your existing LFS install to your new LFS/data folder and all your setups will be restored.
Same with the skins folders.

Even if you install "over the top" the skins and settings will not be deleted unless you choose to do that manually.

SD.
when i tried to start lfs my screen gone black and nothing happened..
Now it worked. Still same problem.
Is it possible that your computer is overheating or has some issues I see from your previous posts you had problems with LFS before, do you get any problems with any other games?

Have you tried playing just the demo without unlocking to check everything works ok?

are all your drivers up to date and your antivirus ect?

I think you may have some non LFS related problems with your PC to iron out.

SD.
Quote from joko 98 :Now it worked. Still same problem.

OK so LFS working, now can you race on demo dervers with no problems?

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :OK so LFS working, now can you race on demo dervers with no problems?

SD.

I think he meant that he got past the screen got black and nothing happenning; he's still probably got the error opening socket thing.

Maybe would this help? (I checked, and my lfs.exe is already set to full control)
Quote from wabbit :Just had the same issue as the OP. I solved this by completing the following;

- Confirm that LFS.exe has been added to allowed programs in Windows Firewall
- Right click on lfs.exe > properties
- Select the Security Tab
- Select "Authenticated Users" then change the permissions to "Full Control" > click the OK button.
- Run LFS

(This was under Windows Vista)

How i can know those terms in finnish? My computer is finnish language so i dont know what those mean.
Best would be a LFS Finnish user to translate the terms for you (but I don't know if doing what I posted will help you solve the problem :schwitz

Now, if you have a firewall (set by Windows or your anti-virus make sure that LFS.exe is allowed to communicate via the internet). When you try to unlock LFS will connect to the internet - but Windows/anti-virus program will try to block it; so you need to make sure that LFS is allowed to do that.
Everytime when i start some file first time it asks it. ALLOW or DISALLOW. So problem cant be it.
Quote from joko 98 :Everytime when i start some file first time it asks it. ALLOW or DISALLOW. So problem cant be it.

Yes, but that's simply to ALLOW LFS.exe to open. But when LFS tries to connect via the Internet it's probably blocked again by Windows/Anti-virus. That's why you need to check if you have allowed LFS to communicate...

Can you get someone else (father/brother etc.) to check the following for you?
Quote :- Right click on lfs.exe > properties
- Select the Security Tab
- Select "Authenticated Users" then change the permissions to "Full Control" > click the OK button.
- Run LFS

Sorry, I don't know much about this, and ^that's what I could find...
they dont know what to do.
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Irrelevant.
Joko

every time you install a new patch you will need to say ALLOW again

try unlocking in a window (shift F4 in LFS)

Good luck

SD.
problem solved, thanks to everyone who tried to help. I needed to allow it again with 2 other things what i didnt saw in first time.
Great that you have sorted it

Sorry I think I led you in the wrong direction to begin with, I don't know what I was thinking

SD.
Connection Error
Since i updated my copy of LFS this morning, when i try to connect to a host i get kicked out after a few seconds with the following error;

initial synchronization failed

and it'll try and connect me again, but the same thing happens. I've searched Google and here, but can't find an answer.

Thank you for your help
Is it with one host specifically or any host you try?
Quote from GAVD999 :Is it with one host specifically or any host you try?

Hi Gav

It's on every host, i've just rebooted my PC in case it was that, but the error is still there. The track loads etc, and can see others racing, but then it just kicks me out.... Another error i get just before it kick me is something like;

>JOO CAR

Do you have any modified .vob files (used to change shape of the car's) if so that is why you are getting kicked out as the new patch checks for them and kicks you with a joos : car error.
Sj go into single player and change your car to something standard like XFG then try to reconnect with any host, but just before you do press shift+F8 (network debug) this should display more info and hopefully lead to a conclusion

I think Gav is probably right with modified exe or downloaded vob or dds files

good luck

SD.

BTW shift+F8 toggles net debug on and off..
Resolved :)
Quote from GAVD999 :Do you have any modified .vob files (used to change shape of the car's) if so that is why you are getting kicked out as the new patch checks for them and kicks you with a joos : car error.

Hi Gav and SparkyDave,

Gav, you're were right, i had some modified .VOB files (downloaded som mods a few months ago ). So, i've just downloaded and installed a fresh copy of the .VOB's and i can now connect!

Thank you both for your help, much appricated and i'll remember that debug tip SparkyDave.

Once again, thank you and hope to see you both at a race sometime!

I cant log in to LFS
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG