The online racing simulator
LFS logos in vector format?
(31 posts, started )
Is there LFS, LFSW or LFS-brand logos in vector format? I dont know if "vector format" is the right word, but in vectors so you can edit the lines and the colors, so we could easily make outlined logo with color you want for example. Would it be possible to have them released, if there is such things? Eric?
#2 - Jakg
isnt there a link to thiese in kidcodeas sig?
Thats psd, picture with normal layers. You cant work with it like vectors.
#4 - Jakg
oh, i stand corrected!
Wow, thanks Vic! I'll take a peek in a bit (Still putting my room back together after moving back home.. ugh..) but does this include all the logos?

MAGGOT
Thanks Victor, but should those be vector (or atlest that which says vector) because I see those just image layers. But then again that one logo is somehow broken and it looks same when vectors mess around. Using psp7, could that be the problem. See the pic.
Attached images
hmm.jpg
-
(detail) DELETED by detail
Did you read the thread detail?
-
(detail) DELETED by detail
Someone deleted some messages
Quote from Blackout :Thanks Victor, but should those be vector (or atlest that which says vector) because I see those just image layers. But then again that one logo is somehow broken and it looks same when vectors mess around. Using psp7, could that be the problem. See the pic.

Looks like it didnt grab all vertices, maybe some of them are lost in the background layer? Try Ctrl + A or group all objects (if the program can do that)
#11 - Don
it works ok here - photoshop cs
Quote from ORION :Looks like it didnt grab all vertices, maybe some of them are lost in the background layer? Try Ctrl + A or group all objects (if the program can do that)

How it can lose verticles (?) if it isnt vector. Im totally confused. Should those be vectors (or whatever) which you can edit flreely? Is my psp so old and retarted it cant underestand these files.

edit. forgot the pic
Attached images
notavector.jpg
#13 - Don
something being "in vectors" means that you can resize it to any resolution you want without loosing quality
Well I mean the other kind of "vectors" you draw, and then you can edit them as you like. I knew there would be misundertandings because I dont know about these photshop terms. And I would be more interested about the "LFS brand" logos...in this more editable format...which ever it would be called then.
I presume you are opening LFSEPSvecto.eps from the vector subfolder.

But you seem to be opening it in an image editing program, which edits images, not vectors. When photoshop or paint shop pro is asked to open an EPS file, it rasterizes it into a pixel based image, so you can no longer edit the vectors.

You need something like illustrator to do vector editing on EPS files.

EDIT: Apparently PSP does support vector file editing as well, but presumably you need to specifically tell it to open it as a vector or something. Maybe try 'import' or something like that.
Soooo.... I need 500$ program to open that in editable form? Would it be possible to convert to .psp format? Because this can do vectors...some sort.
#17 - Don
no, you are understanding it wrong.
this .eps file means you can resize it to gigantic sizes and it will still have great quality. But it doesnt mean that you can edit the file (you cant just delete "live" from live for speed and replace it with "die" or whatever)...no...its "rasterized" already and you cant edit it like that in any program.
Oh...ok, you mean colcob right? But to edit it I would need the orginal file from Eric's computer, have you Eric ever wanted to make these forums crash?
Hmm. Not at all convinced by that Don. EPS's are definitely not 'rasterised' already if the original information was vector based.
Of course EPS's can contain both vector and raster information as they are used for print layout.

EDIT: Yeah, i've just imported the EPS into Flash MX and its as editable as and editable thing.
Attached images
lfs_edit.jpg
ooo thats cool. But now I dont need the 500$ program...I need a 700$ program
#21 - Don
Quote from colcob :Hmm. Not at all convinced by that Don. EPS's are definitely not 'rasterised' already if the original information was vector based.
Of course EPS's can contain both vector and raster information as they are used for print layout.

EDIT: Yeah, i've just imported the EPS into Flash MX and its as editable as and editable thing.

hmmm aha, didnt know that....tho what i meant was that you cant just "rewrite" it like classic photoshop text layer...
.eps never worked for me in Photoshop, always got a white background (not even a transparent one!). Worked fine in Illustrator (vectorized, as it should). I then just used Photoshop and Illustrator side by side, using Illustrator to select and copy logos only.
Thanks
#24 - Gunn
What vector software are you using Blackout?

I have attached two files for you to try, one is in Adobe Illustrator format (ai) and the other is in Corel Draw format (cdr). Let me know if these work for you in your software. You should be able to ungroup each letter and the flag graphic and manipulate them fully in true vector format.

The cdr file attached should have more chance of working but in case it doesn't try the ai file instead.

**file removed, update below
That cdr file seems to work, thanks Gun. Now if only we could get some more logos

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG