The online racing simulator
LFSCART 2011: Round 1 Broadcast LIVE 14-May 18:30 UTC
Motorsport and simracing fans and Live for Speed fans:

The first round of the 4th annual LFSCART season begins TODAY, Saturday, May 14th at 18:45. Qualifying begins at 18:00. We'll come on the air at about 18:30 for the superpole session followed by the race.

The track is Aston North, a short but challenging track, with a sweeping fast section as well as a long straight to test top speed. The first corners are slow-speed hairpins. This track has a bit of everything, and a compromising setup is required.

The car is a beast - it's called a Formula V8. It's 3.0 litre V8 has 450 horsepower, weighs 600 kg, giving it a power-to-weight ratio of 762 bhp/ton. It has no driver aids - the driver has to control the beast of a car themselves. It's hard to get used to, but when you are good at driving it, it's VERY rewarding.

Race distance today is 47 laps, with a compulsory pitstop required. We'll have a formation lap then a standing start - Turn 1 will be very dodgy.

http://188.165.196.11:280/Stre ... /Stream1_20110514_002.wmv <-- Stream download link

Further information on the series can be found at http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=211

We look forward to seeing you for today's race!
Just take spdo satelite/LFS Remote? Server standings are correct, since there are no race rejoin allowed in case of time-out/shift+P.
Good luck everyone! I'm sitting out this round because I had no practice (and I've just arrived home from an exam) and I can't afford to ruin the leaders' races again.

EDIT: Is there a chat channel (mibbit) available today?
#6 - Kova.
It's me or, Dom is not listed on the tracker ?

E: Now it's good. :|
Thought I'd mention we're about to start racing!
thanks for choosing LFSCART over the Eurovision Song Contest you won't regret it
Quote from TFalke55 :thanks for choosing LFSCART over the Eurovision Song Contest you won't regret it

Hope so. Now that I dumbly chatted, I can watch
Chris. Calm down
Wow...

Now that's some commentary.
Quote from TFalke55 :thanks for choosing LFSCART over the Eurovision Song Contest you won't regret it

Well,I never cared about that Eurovision crap anyway,but would rather race myself there than watching,but... I'm just too slow...

About commentary - they get almost as much exited as latvian F1 commentators,but at least for a reason! Latvian F1 commentators getting so exited just when cars following each other without even trying to overtake somebody...
Love the fact the you laugh at a crash :L
That commentating is some serious sh*t
Who's that mumbler in the background?
Otherwise, this is awesome. Good that iR ****ed itself so I can watch.

Epic "Jacques-Schulz-Schreisammlung" commentary
oh no!!! Feeling sorry for Joni now nice fight before the corkscrew though
"OH-HO-HO-HO-HO NOO!"

LOL

C'mon Prost, spin on the last lapxD

What's with some guys? Should have let me drive, not them...xD
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :
What's with some guys? Should have let me drive, not them...xD

I'm actually glad I didn't join today or else I would have gotten LLM banned only for my driving!
He's twitching...
Enjoyed watching the livestream, good job !

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG