The online racing simulator
2011 Porsche Carrera World Cup
(8 posts, started )
You know the Supercup, you know the Carrera Cups. What will happen, if all those Cups combine into one race? And what will happen, if that race is on the greatest circuit of the world (well... obviously not taking the Isle of Man TT into account) ?
Carrera Cup Great Britain, Scandinavia, Germany, France,... and the Porsche Supercup all on one Track.
Saturday 25th June is the date of that special race. Over 200 cars are expected to race for the World Cup at the Nürburgring Nordschleife!
It also is a point scoring event to the National Championships and the Supercup.
There will be two seperate classifications, one for the 2010-2011 cars and one for the 2007-2009 cars.

The race will be held over a distance of 6 laps (152.68 km) on the 25,378km 24h-configuration of the track.
This has the potential to be excellent. I hope it gets some good tv coverage, although no doubt there wil be some good onboard videos of the whole race on youtube pretty quickly.
looks lke it will be held as a support race for the 24h
Yes it will be held as feeder for the 24h race. Eurosport International will broadcast it from 11:15 cest on saturday June 25.
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
Sounds awesome to me, I'd definitely be watching it if I weren't busy. Hope to see some good vids of the action soon!
Qualifying Results (Top 10)

1. Norbert Siedler (A) Lechner Racing 8:35.809 Note: Supercup pole
2. René Rast (D) Lechner Racing +0,403
3. Kuba Giermaziak (PL) VERVA Racing Team +0,663
4. Nick Tandy (GB) Konrad Motorsport +3,002
5. Nicki Thiim (DK) Attempto Racing +3,834 Note: Carrera Cup Germany pole
6. Christian Engelhart (D) Konrad Motorsport +4,756
7. Sean Edwards (GB) tolimit +5,366
8. Lance David Arnold (D) Motopark Oschersleben +5,945
9. Uwe Alzen (D) Uwe Alzen Automotive +6,397
10. Nicolas Armindo (F) Attempto Racing +6,893

further pole positions

17. James Sutton (GB) Carrera Cup Great Britain
18. Robin Rudholm (S) Carrera Cup Scandinavia
19. Marco Mapelli (I) Carrera Cup Italia
51. Lonni Martins (F) Carrera Cup France

VIP-cars

31. Craig Baird (NZ)
84. Melanie Snow (USA)

Livestream by porsche.de: http://www.porsche.com/microsi ... &startWithLogin=false
There's an hour long programme about this on ESPN HD at the moment.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG