The online racing simulator
XR GT turbo power
(18 posts, started )
XR GT turbo power
its not really a bug.. but it does seem that when drifting the GT now runs out of power at the high end easier. like it needs another 50-75hp.. to get the new tyres to slide longer..
#2 - Jakg
you mean the tires have to much grip and its harder to get sideways, anyway, its the torque that it needs, and i always thought relying on a turbo to always give it to me is a stupid idea, thus i drive the F750 if i wanna drift

edit - re-read my post, damn i love to ramble!
245hp and about 250lbft of torque powering a 1400kg car around the corners is barely sufficient. Try maxing the air pressure and apply proper weight shift technique, it should be better.

sidenote: as if my RB4 has enough power, i can still drift it.
in the final gear ratio thear is a differential were u can change the power. If u haven't put it REALLY high.
#5 - Vain
Quote from Rappa Z :in the final gear ratio thear is a differential were u can change the power. If u haven't put it REALLY high.

*bangs head on desk*
:doh:

Vain
Quote from Vain :*bangs head on desk*
:doh:

Vain

LMAO! :smash3d:
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
:bump:
theres nothing wrong with that car...in fact i find it absolutly perfect for any racing situation ...even drifting >.> i don't like the FZ50...its too...somethin (i think its the exhaust size it scares me ) but i can drift that too lol
Quote from Vain :*bangs head on desk*

hey, i thought it did that because that's what it said. Eventually i figured it didn't do tat after a month. But i still have no clue or thesis on what it does
Quote from -DrftMstr- :245hp and about 250lbft of torque powering a 1400kg car around the corners is barely sufficient.

My new car is about 115brake (new - now 228k miles), and somewhere around 2.5 tonnes. And it'll drift soon enough!
Quote from matt_green84 :My new car is about 115brake (new - now 228k miles), and somewhere around 2.5 tonnes. And it'll drift soon enough!

running plastic rear tires now are we?
Don't maen to be argumentative but if he's running out of grunt at the top end shouldn't it be more power and not torque he needs (all else being equal). I would have thought the torque would have peaked 2-3,000rpm ago and it now the power that's keeping the drift going...or not as the case may be?
The two are the directly related, you couldn't get more top end power without increasing top end torque.
I understand the relationship just that at high rpms it's power not torque, or am I mistaken.

To explain a bit better what I mean: try drifting a RWD diesel (turbo or not). It has lots of torque (compared to bhp) but lacks power so it's difficult to maintain a drift when the rpms increase. Now try a RWD petrol (turbo or not). This has more power than the diesel and so can maintain a drift better when the rpms increase.

So if the guy's running out of grunt top end it's the power that's limiting, not the torque?

Thanks
Not mistaken, just over simplified. You have torque and power at all rpms, so to say power is at high rpms and torque is at low ones is to miss the point.

But to get the top end power you need to up the top end torque. If you up the mid range torque you improve the midrange torque. But if you increase top end torque (and power) you might find mid range torque (and power) is sacrificed.

You never get something for nothing.

Diesels work best at lower RPMs (their peak efficiency is towards the lower end of most rev counters) and thus develop lots of torque low down. At higher revs they don't work very well, and so don't make a great deal of power (low torque and medium revs = low power).
Thanks, that clears thinks up

XR GT turbo power
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG