The online racing simulator
More flexible controls
(3 posts, started )
More flexible controls
Hello
Last time i was racing witch FBM i noticed that u can change brake balance using arrows but you can't actually find option in controls menu like "brake balance to front/rear" and map it with button you would like to. I thought it would be nice to have those options cause sometimes it might be usefull (sometimes i lock my front wheels in T1 on Blackwood but after straight i feel more comfortable with more break in front :razz and trying to find arrows on keyboard when it's away from you is a little distracting. And by the way i also thought it would be nice if you can map predefined keys like Shift+S or Shirt+R like clicking on it to define your own combination of keyes or just simply one button. It would work great especially with Shift+S cause after you spin you want to quickly go to spectate so you won't ruin others race. So could you Scawen think about that and maybe introduce it in some patch in future (i'm not thinking about new test patch announced on 11 April cause i know it's too much work). Thank you for your attention.
Hello, if you've got a wheel/pad it can be easily done already.

Lets say you need a one-button spec command.

Go to options > Controls > Use CTRL+ (or ALT+)
For CTRL+F1 type "/spec" and then assign a wheel button you'd like to use.

Using a similar method, the rest of your requirements can be done.
Say, for CTRL+F2 you enter "/press f11" and for CTRL+F3 you enter "/press f12", and then assign two wheel buttons. So when you press the wheel button(s) the relevant F11/F12 screen will pop up.

To use the up/down/left/right commands to navigate and change values in the F11/F12 screens you just need to do the following.

Say, for CTRL+F4/F5/F6/F7 you assign the commands "/press up", "/press down", "/press left" and "/press right" and then assign wheel buttons.

---

For keyboard users something similar can be done, but you'll take up most of your Function (F) keys.

Go to Options > Game > F1 to F8 and enter the following.

F4 : /press up
F5 : /press down
F6 : /press left
F7 : /press right
F8 : /spec

If you want to retain a function key, you can not include the "/press down" command above use the press up key to toggle through the settings.

Job done?
Ok that's what i wanted to hear I haven't checked it yet but i will do it right after i get home (saturday/late friday) and post my feedback. Thank you very much

More flexible controls
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG