The online racing simulator
Logitech driving Force EX?
(6 posts, started )
Well, i'm currently looking for a good Force Feedback wheel, i've found this one:
http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstor ... 0641036SPA65UC231149X.jpg
It's got all the things i'm looking for, but the only setback is, its made for a Playstation 2. I'm actually currently using a PS2 non-forcefeedback wheel and it works fine, i'm just wondering if the FF will work with this one? Thanks alot
-Jack
That wheel will work with the pc once you download the wingman team drivers for it.
They actually make a PC version of the same steering wheel. Do a search, I saw it on sale in Virgin if that helps.
Yeah, i've seen the PC Version of the wheel but its not in any shops around me. Also i'm currently limited to buying in shops. So this wheel actually does work with FF Steve?
#5 - SamH
I don't have personal/direct experience of the one you're looking at, except for the pedals which appear to be the same as come with the Wingman FF GP.. my EX wheel.

I just celebrated my first time around the world in LFS today (currently 28,000 miles driven) by treating myself to a new wheel. It didn't turn out to be too expensive because I actually managed to KEEP a receipt for once, and returned my totally knackered Logitech Wingman FF GP. DON'T buy the FF GP wheel.. it's not well made at all.

I went and swapped that wheel today for a Logitech Driving Force Pro (DFP). It's another PS2 wheel, like yours, but in spite of the fact that PC isn't mentioned anywhere on the box, it works beautifully for LFS on the PC, via USB.

IF you can afford it, I highly recommend the DFP. It has up to 900 degrees of rotation, although frankly that's a bit excessive.. but the option is there, and that's important. The FF is spot on.. the accuracy of the wheel is mint, and the FEEL of the thing.. it feels like it's been hewn from granite.. lovingly.

The wheel retails for between £50 (online) and £80 (PC *ank). I can honestly say, hand on heart, that even at PC *ank's inflated prices, this wheel is worth every penny IMO. I read the advice on this forum about wheels before making my choice this time around, and I've not been disappointed.
Wow, thanks alot for that man. At the site i was looking at the DFP (i was just about to ask about that one) is only £5 more than the other one, (including P&P) So i think i'm going to get that one. Might see you on time sometime soon =P

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG