The online racing simulator
LFSCART 2011: Schedule

The 2011 LFSCART Series Schedule is now available!

NOTE: Laps NOT including formation / pace laps

Round 1 - May 14 - Grand Prix of Aston (AS7) - 47 laps
Round 2 - May 28 - British Grand Prix (BL1) - 98 laps
Round 3 - June 11 - Speedweeks 400 (KY1) - 208 laps
Round 4 - June 25 - Kyoto 500 (KY1) - 268 laps
Round 5 - July 9 - English Grand Prix (WE1) - 47 laps
Round 6 - July 23 - Grand Prix of South City (SO4R) - 60 laps
Round 7 - August 6 - Jamaican Grand Prix (FE3R) - 69 laps
Round 8 - August 20 - Clockwise 310 - (KY1R) - 168 laps
Round 9 - September 3 - Kyoto Grand Prix (KY3B) - 44 laps

Timetable:

For all Road Course rounds -

17:35 UTC Official Free Practice (Attendance not mandatory, 20 minute duration)
18:00 UTC Qualifying (Two groups, 10 minutes per group, group assignments made public prior to race day, open track)
18:30 UTC Superpole (top 6 of Qualifying, result of this session sets top 6)
18:45 UTC Race (Formation lap, then return to grid for standing start, controlled via InSim App)

For the Speedweeks 400 and Clockwise 310

17:00 UTC Qualifying (one car at a time, queue controlled by InSim Application, 60 minute window)
18:10 UTC Race (Race may be as early as 17:45 if qualifying finishes early)

For the Kyoto 500:

To Be Determined
Interesting calendar.

Probably miss the Speedweeks 400 though, what a shame...
Any test races scheduled?
#4 - CSF
Ky1r........ :rolleyes:
I'd rather have 2 oval rounds, 1 at KY1R and 1 at KY1. With all the entry requirements to get into the Kyoto 500 aswell, it seems a bit excessive to have 2 oval rounds on the same course within 2 weeks of each other
1/3 ovals, 2/3 road/steet courses, sounds about good to me.

Ok, there are two oval rounds in two weeks, but at least the Speedweeks will give us a big FO8 race before the annual 500, perfect for some training. It's been like that since the season's creation IIRC, and more or less everyone was fine with it so far.
Quote from IsaacPrice :With all the entry requirements to get into the Kyoto 500 aswell, it seems a bit excessive to have 2 oval rounds on the same course within 2 weeks of each other

Also agreed...

(Bring back the AU1 oval!)
Hardly excessive, last year you needed 300 laps to get into the Kyoto 500 - do the 2 practice sessions then the Speedweeks 400 and you've done your entry requirements. Let's put it this way, would you rather have a gap between the two KY1 rounds, or get them out of the way? Bearing in mind that also some regular LFSCART drivers might not get into the 500, so there needs to be a KY1 race for them.
Quote from boothy :Hardly excessive, last year you needed 300 laps to get into the Kyoto 500 - do the 2 practice sessions then the Speedweeks 400 and you've done your entry requirements. Let's put it this way, would you rather have a gap between the two KY1 rounds, or get them out of the way? Bearing in mind that also some regular LFSCART drivers might not get into the 500, so there needs to be a KY1 race for them.

I'd rather not have two KY1 rounds in the championship. Just make the 500 a special event.
Quote from deadwolfbones :i'd rather not have two ky1 rounds in the championship. Just make the 500 a special event.

+1
I'm really liking the schedule personally

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :1/3 ovals, 2/3 road/steet courses, sounds about good to me.

Ok, there are two oval rounds in two weeks, but at least the Speedweeks will give us a big FO8 race before the annual 500, perfect for some training. It's been like that since the season's creation IIRC, and more or less everyone was fine with it so far.

Meh, It's an interesting schedule, but I don't really like it I want longer tracks ..
I don't think the oval rounds are gonna change at all.. spoke to deko too many times about it, then been raged at for it.

Anyway, lfscart is lfscart, and it's still gonna be awesome. Can't wait
I can't see why the addition of the Speedweeks 400 makes the Kyoto 500 any less attractive. It's still "the 500", the most prestigious open-wheel race of LFS (due to the tough competition, even tougher Quali procedure, the distance, the glory, etc.), and as it has been pointed out, some practice can't do any harm. Plus it fits nicely in the Speedweeks concept (Speedweeks 400, possibly FOX Speedweeks 250 and finally the Kyoto 500), two weeks dedicated entirely to Oval racing.

I personally like the schedule, good selection of tracks, and the distribution (3/6) resembles the actual IndyCar calendar. Just a bit disappointed that FE Black was dropped in favour of FE Gold, will be a bit difficult to drive with these big and heavy cars, but well, we gotta deal with it.
Doesn't matter what kind of schedule will you announce, everyone has something to complain.. I think this calendar is great with some interesting tracks. Also love to try some oval racing after a while
A lot of events are on my dinner time on LFS, what a bummer...
Microwaves FTW!
Dinner FTW!
Quote from Kova. :A lot of events are on my dinner time on LFS, what a bummer...

Eating that late makes fat, some journals say.
Family FTL.

Thilo, race start mean 20h00 at France, that is not so late. Moreover I know some families who eat at 22h00 :|
Quote from TFalke55 :Eating that late makes fat, some journals say.

:doh:

I thought all NDR members had a degree in nutrition (deko has at least MSc in cheese, ellis is doing A-levels in Dinnertown high). Your ignorance amazes me.

Eating late does not make you fat. It's a common miss belief caused by people eating unhealthy when it is late.
Quote from hyntty ::doh:

I thought all NDR members had a degree in nutrition (deko has at least MSc in cheese, ellis is doing A-levels in Dinnertown high). Your ignorance amazes me.

Eating late does not make you fat. It's a common miss belief caused by people eating unhealthy when it is late.

Man... I wanted to use popularism in this context to our best The reason why late eating makes fat is that most people weigh themselves in the mornings and the food wich is not fully stomached brings still its weight on the weighing machine.

Quote from Kova. :Family FTL.

Thilo, race start mean 20h00 at France, that is not so late. Moreover I know some families who eat at 22h00 :|

I know what time is in france
Quote from TFalke55 :Man... I wanted to use popularism in this context to our best The reason why late eating makes fat is that most people weigh themselves in the mornings and the food wich is not fully stomached brings still its weight on the weighing machine.

It depends of the time which you go to bed
What is KY3B?
Quote from scania :What is KY3B?

kyoto gp long with boothy chicane added, after the oval section.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG