The online racing simulator
IL-2 : Cliffs Of Dover
(58 posts, started )
#1 - Noccy
Newest IL-2 finally has a solid releasedate and can be preordered on steam.
All EU IL-2 fans can free up thu. 31/3 for epic airbattles over England ,France and Belgium.
(sorry Aussies and Americans ,you'll have to wait till mid April)

50€ on steam
Pre-purchase IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover on Steam

Direct2drive, justflight and gamesplanet sell it for 29.99£(35€) but their releasedates vary so dunno when they'll send out their keys.
(apparently justflight have Europrices aswel... 45€)
Regardless of where you buy it ,if you preorder you'll get a free copy of Silent Hunter 3 aswell.

Links to some of the trailers :
YouTube - Cliffs of Dover trailer (IL-2 Sturmovik)
YouTube - Cliffs of Dover
YouTube - London 1940
YouTube - IL-2 Sturmovik: Clif ... er - Announcement Trailer

And a fansite where you can find all news, screenshots and video's in one place :
Foo'blog

Cant wait! :monkey:
Agree with you

*placeholder for tons of rage*
#4 - doyal
I absolutely love the IL-2 Series, however struggle to find the urge to play them (I think it's to do with the controls, joystick on desk is fail and akward.) Anyway, Pre-ordered.
Pre ordered too

I got IL2 1946, love it. Want this one too
Good stuff, I can fly around for an hour orso and then get shot down within seconds

I still enjoy it though :X
I can shoot stuff down then forget to lower the gear
Quote from Noccy :
(sorry Aussies and Americans ,you'll have to wait till mid April)

Shouldn't be a problem... The Yanks were late to the original battle anyway
^

Looking forward to this. Cant wait to see what Oleg has done for us this time. Screens and Vids are very impressive.
Hopefully It won't be tainted by awful typical Ubisoft DRM.

It is not it will be a first day purchase for me
Quote from The Moose :Shouldn't be a problem... The Yanks were late to the original battle anyway

I lol'd.

This interests me, but I don't want to play IL-2 1946 but with better graphics, Hopefully we get to play a completely new IL-2 game engine..
I am furious. I finally thought I'd be able to save a bit of money, and immediately I am tempted into making a purchase! Looks great. I really enjoyed the original Battle of Britain game and that was nowhere near as good as the IL2 series. Hopefully this will be as good as it looks!
Quote from The Moose :Shouldn't be a problem... The Yanks were late to the original battle anyway

Gahh you beat me to it, i was gonna say yeah, if we gonna keep this game as historically accurate as possible then america shouldnt be allowed to join in until about 2 years after the rest of us!
Quote from danthebangerboy :Gahh you beat me to it, i was gonna say yeah, if we gonna keep this game as historically accurate as possible then america shouldnt be allowed to join in until about 2 years after the rest of us!

Unless they're a member of Eagle Squadron then they can get it a year earlier.
Could no longer resist. Shouldn't have subscribed to the thread! Pre-ordered and got Silent Hunter 3 for free with it. Not too shabby, can't wait!
I can't find any article on Sturmovik at that website.
#18 - DeKo
You didn't look very hard.

http://uk.kotaku.com/5785573/r ... ents-for-crummy-sturmovik

Quote :IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover, bravely carrying the flag for the decimated flight combat genre, has released in Russia where its devoted following is complaining of crippled gameplay and terrible framerate issues. One of the game's developers says anti-seizure controls mandated by Ubisoft, the game's Western publisher, is the culprit.

Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is due for a March 31 release in the West. 1C, according to this unidentified dev, is required to incorporate technology that analyzes a frame's brightness and if it passes a certain threshold, averages it out with previous frames within a certain span. This apparently slows everything down and makes the game play like crap.

A translation of the remarks misses some idiomatic expressions ("this crap brakes at the ground,") but the sarcasm and frustration are evident. 1C Company, the developer says, is trying to find a way to disable it on the Russian version of the game, assuming that Ubisoft's requirements concern a legal due dilligence applicable in Western Europe and elsewhere.

Still, "It is necessary to assure Yubisoftu and give them a check that off in Russia will not allow Western epileptic somehow disable this thing at home."

Anti-epilepsy Filter? [1C Company Forums, thanks James P.]

The link I opened was just a homepage to a mass of other articles. Nevermind, it works now.
Yea sadly it seems to have more issues than acceptable.
Still keeping my preorder as I hope it will be playable after a patch or 2 and the UK-manual points to very promising features like the new CEM and bombing options.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JG4G3K6K

And...I want to support Maddox Games when they need it after providing 10 years of fun.
Why are all the Axis planes seemingly captured ones? (as in they all have RAF markings, not LW)
The patch is ought to hit steam servers before 31., so Ill be allright hopefully.

(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG