The online racing simulator
Nürburgring nordschleife
(50 posts, started )

Poll : Would you like a special LFS stage, called SN ?

Closed since :
Yes, I would buy the SN for 12.- Pounds as soon as its out
Yes, but it should be cheaper
Yes, but I would buy later when I got the money
No, I am not interested in having Nordschleife in LFS
#1 - P V L
Nürburgring nordschleife
Hello guys, since GT5 with the famous Nürburgring Nordschleife is out I

think of having this track in LFS a lot again. What about a new stage in

LFS called SN, added to S1 and S2 ? So all I want is the Nordschleife track,

no new cars needed; additionally so possible ~ 100 cars on track and

~ 120 on server. The grafix dont need to show you every car around track,

its enough to show cars nearby you, it should may be possible to get

something like that to work. An included option to set grafix like: Cars to

see in front 15, cars to see behind 10 will get this to run even on

Computers with no highend parts when combined with lower overall details

if needed I hope as a technical amateur. I do this to see for myself and

show to the developers if this is sellable to the LFS community. So vote

and we will see, enjoy LFS yours PVL.
If you pay for the costs

of getting the track into

LFS, including the licence cost and

the time taken to create the circuit

plus the time needed to optimise LFS

for a long lap like that, then I'm sure

the devs will listen to you.

If you can't be bothered

to pay then I think you'll be

out of luck.
I don't think that

it is very likely for

Nurburgring Nordsshleife to become

A part of LFS as it definately is

Not the most simple of all tracks

I think we need to get other things sorted first like S3 and new

Tire physics

Of couse I can't imagine why anyone

Would not want ths track

In the game but I think

other priories need

to

b

e

don

e

fi

rst
#4 - Crady
Yep, that track would be great. But wait... it´s around 22km long... - so around 11times longer than Rockingham... Just calculate how long it would take to create...

Anyway, 100 cars on track won´t be able too since some servers are having problems calculating the current amount of cars and they lag due to a lack of power or a bad internet connection.

The amount of cars does not face the power of your own computer - it more depends on the power of the server.
I'm surprised nobody has suggested adding that track to LFS before!

On the other hand, it's an annoying track with too many turns. I'd prefer more drag strips in different locations, maybe some public roads for street racing!
Quote from Rotareneg :On the other hand, it's an annoying track with too many turns. I'd prefer more drag strips in different locations

Sure - what could be more fun than drive same 1/4 mile straight in different locations...

But on topic - yeah,that track is legendary and I would

also be happy to drive it again (can't do it since I don't

have PS2 and GT4 anymore),but - be realistic. First - let's

wait when (or if) a new patch with new content comes

out,only then is even worth to use off your keyboard typing

letters in improvement suggestions forum. Maybe sounds

pesimistic,just saying my own thoughts...
Quote from Rotareneg :I'm surprised nobody has suggested adding that track to LFS before!

On the other hand, it's an annoying track with too many turns. I'd prefer more drag strips in different locations, maybe some public roads for street racing!

I hope you're not being serious...?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=18312
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=21401
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9988
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=27902
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25859
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=10691

Honestly though, I would pay much more than £12 for it. Obviously it wouldn't have to be laser scanned or even match the S2 track quality standards... Guess that'd be way too much asking.

Sadly I can't see happening in a near future anyway.

And to the people refeering to tyre physics and stuff, well, you have a point here of course... But IMO LFS badly needs content more than anything else. Especially tracks, we already have a nice variety of cars already.
+1 This is one of the things that'd make me play LFS 24/7/12. It's the obvious must if we're talking about racing tracks. When I speculate about what would make LFS perfect, this is one of the top things. You got my vote!
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I hope you're not being serious...?

+1337 on this post.
Aslo I don't think that we need some real track, fictional tracks are really fun to drive too!
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :But IMO LFS badly needs content more than anything else. Especially tracks, we already have a nice variety of cars already.

That's the point - some new tracks,bigger (wider) autocross area,proper layout objects and people will be amused for year or two without even thinking about another new patch. But what can we do - they decided the other way...
Quote from TypeRacing :
Aslo I don't think that we need some real track, fictional tracks are really fun to drive too!

I have to say, I'm a huge fictional tracks fan too!

Let's face it, most of LFS' tracks are pretty much unrealistic. Just take Aston with its succession of enormous straights. Westhill with its series of 5th/6th corners with huge elevation changes. Fern Bay with its 4th/5th gear chicanes and its huge kerbs. Or Kyoto with its GP Long section, a roval going outside the actual oval track...

But seriously, who cares if they look unreal? Those tracks are damn fun to drive and all unique in some points, and that's the point isn't it? They're part of LFS' attractiveness IMO.

Now the Ring is a track on a class on its own... It's never been matched by any real track yet(and probably will not ever be, considering the crap Tilke era we're stuck in). I've never seen any virtual track matching it either... Probably because most of the worthy modders are putting all their time into real circuits sadly!

I know LFS probably will probably never have the Nordscheife... Because of copyright issues, and because the devs would probably never accept to have an unperfect replica of a real track...

But now, why don't you devs try to to take the challenge, build a virtual track of a decent quality that could be easily compared to the Nordschleife? Why couldn't you succeed on that point, while you managed to produce very fun tracks on which drivers are still having a lot of fun 6-8 years after their creation? It wouldn't need anything revolutionary, it would have to be Fern Bay Black-like, narrower, with more elevation changes, and from 2 to 3 times longer.

Okay I'm dreaming too much... But what about releases of new configurations of the current tracks now? A bit like you did with as6-7 or so6 a while ago. I would really love to try a combined version of Aston Club+Cadet, of Kyoto GP Long+National for endu... And I'm not the only one I belive! This wouldn't require THAT much efforts AFAIK, and would put a bit of new breath into the whole thing for a short while.

Just my 2 cents.
Tbh

the devs have got problems releasing the fkin VWS

not even speaking about rockin'ham(mmmmm hammmmm)

sooooooo by my maths i shall conclude

that if rockingham is 2.74 km long

and nordschleife is just over 10 times as long as that

wed be waiting 10 times longer

kthxbai

ex
ce
ll
ent

repl
ies!
Quote from hp999 :sooooooo by my maths i shall conclude

that if rockingham is 2.74 km long

and nordschleife is just over 10 times as long as that

Rockingham x10 is 27,4 km
Nordschleife is 20,81 km
Your argument is invalid
Quote from TypeRacing :Rockingham x10 is 27,4 km
Nordschleife is 20,81 km
Your argument is invalid

one lap of rockin'ham national circuit is 2.74 km long

one lap of nordschleife is 20.8 km

one lap of nordschleife is just over 10 times longer than one lap of rockin'ham national circuit

your argument is invalid,
- ur personal troll
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :But what about releases of new configurations of the current tracks now? A bit like you did with as6-7 or so6 a while ago. I would really love to try a combined version of Aston Club+Cadet, of Kyoto GP Long+National for endu... And I'm not the only one I belive!

Can only agree - just check Aston track in remote - from the "sky" are clearely visible,that Aston has really a lot of possible configurations,which would give racers/organizers some variability in configurations for races. They don't even have to be official ones - freeroam version of tracks (yeah,I know - cruisers dream) plus layouts,customizable grid spots and custom pits would do the job! And Kyoto GP+National would be prefect for endurance races,some other variations also are possible there. If South City would be extended to those roads beside that highway stright (also visible in remote map) - that would give some configurations. Just a little fantasy and we could have something new without even doing something totally new!

Quote from hp999 :one lap of rockin'ham national circuit is 2.74 km long

one lap of nordschleife is 20.8 km

one lap of nordschleife is just over 10 times longer than one lap of rockin'ham national circuit

You're really not a fan of mathematics,aren't ya?
i would like to have Suzuka aswell in the rooster
but since RO took almost 5 years from developing now, i guess S4 will be released in the year 2148
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I hope you're not being serious...?

A would have made the sarcasm too obvious, I enjoy the "not sure if serious" reactions.

Personally I think they should open up the game to allow custom maps and vehicles, but only for users who actually bought the game.
Quote from Rotareneg :A would have made the sarcasm too obvious, I enjoy the "not sure if serious" reactions.

Yea, wasn't quite sure of this at first. You see all kind of people on this forum these days
I bet RO and the VWS and tire physics are already done, the devs are just waiting to see if Dec. 22,2012 comes.
as long as S3 isnt released yet we dont need to make further suggestions on tracks or cars may coming for another release
I've always loved the longer road courses. I don't think that the track needs to be anything like a real life track, but rather just something longer than any other track currently on LFS. (5 min lap times in FXO per say)
Quote from Cornys :I've always loved the longer road courses. I don't think that the track needs to be anything like a real life track, but rather just something longer than any other track currently on LFS. (5 min lap times in FXO per say)

Yea I agree. You could take a track about the legnth of AS5 but maybe half the width and with more corners. You could end up having a track that takes 5 minutes to complete with the XRT/FXO/RB4.

Nürburgring nordschleife
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG