The online racing simulator
6 Hours of South City Long: Drivers' Briefing

New Rules to Remember:
  • 45% estimate is only an estimate; actual 45% value will be calculated based on your car's laps completed
  • Class polesitters must maintain a steady 55mph/90kph speed once the field has assumed the double-file formation (final sector), until the green flag is given
  • In order to be scored and receive points, each car must complete at least 70% of the laps of the class leader and cross the s/f line on the final lap
  • If you block messages, you must immediately unblock them in order to avoid a penalty
Start:

The start will be split between the classes; each class will get its own starting command (eg., "GT1 -- GREEN FLAG"). Admins will direct the class polesitter in GT2 as to how much of a gap to leave to the class ahead. When on the grid, GT2 cars should NOT roll off when the LFS green flag is given. Please wait for an admin to instruct you when to go.

FOR SO4: Single-file until through the final hairpin; double-file on the main straight. Tire warming is allowed until the final hairpin turn; do not warm tires after entering the final hairpin.

45% Estimate:

GT1: 107 laps
GT2: 103 laps

Post-race DT/SG time penalties:

DT: 14s
SG: 28s

Helpful suggestion from the admins:

All drivers should enable replay autosave and post mpredited replays for all protests.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
All drivers should enable replay autosave and post mpredited replays for all protests.

Last time when I had this option enabled I recived at the end of every stint message: MPR: Out of stash memory and then disco/time out...
#3 - Fuse5
16 teams left
: /
wonder how many will even attend FE4 lol
10 maybe
Quote from Fuse5 :16 teams left
: /
wonder how many will even attend FE4 lol

You can't blame the admins for this track .
#6 - CSF
14 cars. All very sad.
regarding it was a GTAL combo and that GTAL would have been finished, maybe some of the fastest team gonna join MoE after GTAL...
Quote from GuRu_PL :Last time when I had this option enabled I recived at the end of every stint message: MPR: Out of stash memory and then disco/time out...

Hmm strange, here's some threads on the issue:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=49235
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=54884
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=21074

and Scawen's explanation http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=300375#post300375

Also you need to have a look at the season length poll - where have all these people gone that wanted 6 races eh???
#9 - Kova.
Sometimes I had this message too :
Quote : MPR: Out of stash memory

For me it's because my hdd is full of full. Then, I had no dds on cars
Considering the number of cars on SO4, I'd like to suggest an idea..

If any of the idiots who voted to put FE4 on the MoE schedule SKIP the race, we find them and we kill them. If they're not even in the driver nominations thread, we switch to a normal track.
Wait wait wait, we already started working on a set for this track 2 months ago, can't switch track now
Quote from scipy :Considering the number of cars on SO4, I'd like to suggest an idea..

If any of the idiots who voted to put FE4 on the MoE schedule SKIP the race, we find them and we kill them. If they're not even in the driver nominations thread, we switch to a normal track.

+ forever a banhammer
Quote from rc10racer :You can't blame the admins for this track .

thats the problem
we can only blame the ones who will get away with it
Any news about the official results?
Quote from scipy :Considering the number of cars on SO4, I'd like to suggest an idea..

name and shame time
people who voted for FE4 that allegedly got 11 votes

Dennis93, Drift King CZ, GuRu_PL, Matias-, PMD9409, R.Kolz, rcpilot, Rudy van Buren, Thommm, Trekkerfahrer, Ziomek21

so by teams that is
ineX, CoRe, Conquest, Spdo, ineX, 3id, CoRe, ineX, ineX, 3id, 3id(back then conquest, so still a duplicate)

what a successful voting system with everything taken into consideration
Quote from Fuse5 :name and shame time
people who voted for FE4 that allegedly got 11 votes

Dennis93, Drift King CZ, GuRu_PL, Matias-, PMD9409, R.Kolz, rcpilot, Rudy van Buren, Thommm, Trekkerfahrer, Ziomek21

so by teams that is
ineX, CoRe, Conquest, Spdo, ineX, 3id, CoRe, ineX, ineX, 3id, 3id(back then conquest, so still a duplicate)

what a successful voting system with everything taken into consideration

Now also note that most of the tracks coming right behind FE4 barely had any active MoE drivers/managers among the voters, while I can see at least 6 for FE4. Well, there was quite a few for WE1R okay, but we weren't quite going to drive on both WE1 and WE1R were we?
why is that?
clearly the vote has been taken as is without any evaluations, so if people would have voted for we1r, we would have had both we configs in the schedule

why would we1r had been discarded on the same basis that fe4 got included?
Well, I dunno, for me it appeared to be common sence to not include too much similar tracks on the calendar(though WE1R and WE1 are more different together than other reverses of course) and try to vary maps as much as possible. I guess the admins also thought the same way and did not think some people would've considered having both WE1 and WE1R.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Well, I dunno, for me it appeared to be common sence to not include too much similar tracks on the calendar(though WE1R and WE1 are more different together than other reverses of course) and try to vary maps as much as possible. I guess the admins also thought the same way and did not think some people would've considered having both WE1 and WE1R.

how would that have made sense in the light of this vote?

"vote for the tracks you like, but please be sure to not vote for similar combos too much, or we will discard the vote and make our own choice"?
FE4 for the win!!!
Quote from Tomhah :FE4 for the win!!!

yes we already understood that from the ineX votes
Just a note to say that I've been out of town on vacation, but SO4 results/points will finally be posted on either Friday or Saturday, once I get back home. Sorry for the delay!
Thanks
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Just a note to say that I've been out of town on vacation, but SO4 results/points will finally be posted on either Friday or Saturday, once I get back home. Sorry for the delay!

Still nothing?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG