The online racing simulator
game freezes only on ky1
(25 posts, started )
game freezes only on ky1
hi guys and girls ,while racing on ky1 the game seems to periodically freeze if i press my windows key which minimizes the game then maximize it again it sometimes is runnin ok again other times it loses connection from host,id be grateful if anyone has any ideas on what could be wrong,thanks in advance

heres my pc specs

amd athlon x2 2.1ghz
ati mobility radeon hd 4250
realtek hd audio
2gb ram
windows 7 64
and have broadband which tested speed is 3mb/s download and 0.88 mb/s upload
Well for me some other games freeze to when I tried to minimize them. Nothing unusual.
Also I am not sure why you run 64bit system on just 2GB of ram. Useless in my view unless you have some special reason to run 64bit code.

Just an idea. Try to turn of antivirus program if you run any to if it makes difference.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Well for me some other games freeze to when I tried to minimize them. Nothing unusual.
Also I am not sure why you run 64bit system on just 2GB of ram. Useless in my view unless you have some special reason to run 64bit code.

Just an idea. Try to turn of antivirus program if you run any to if it makes difference.

the game freezes while playing ky1 it only unfreezes when minimizing then after so long of play it will happen again,sorry didnt make it exactly clear,i unstalled my av while trying to find the problem myself,i might just go for a fresh install and try that,thanks anyway,,i run 64 bit windows because it came with my new pc about 2 weeks ago and 2 gb is the minimum recomended
Just try to delete LFS and install it again. Thanks for explanation. Just was wondering.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Just try to delete LFS and install it again. Thanks for explanation. Just was wondering.

cheers m8 for trying help anyway
Any progress Bishtop?
Try copying the kyoto folder from a new LFS to your old LFS (to prevent some hassle)
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Try copying the kyoto folder from a new LFS to your old LFS (to prevent some hassle)

cheers will try that,it did cross my mind if it could be a bad texture file or something similar,thanks for you help
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Any progress Bishtop?

im going to try swapping the texture for fresh ones and see if that works,i dont know if this is coincedence but a couple of times it seems to happen when just say someone connects to the server or someone leaves the pit and it gives a notification saying for ex..'joe bloggs has left the pit',,thanks for asking m8
That was very old bug in LFS...hmm. What version of LFS you use?
im using the latest version z28 downloaded from lfs.net
Let us know if re-installing LFS helped.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Let us know if re-installing LFS helped.

reinstalled it and seemed ok for a while and drove other cars ie fxr xrr around no problem,but after a while samething,,im bequinning to think it something to do with sound driver,earlier on i turned the sound quality settings up in the realtek control panel and when tried play a game it locked up and made a mad noise through the speakers,,i had similar problems on last pc but due to the latest nvidia driver being buggy with my gpu card,im going have a look for the previous driver version and try them,thanks devil 007 respect
Good luck then. Seems you find the cause yourself. If not we will find out something...
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Good luck then. Seems you find the cause yourself. If not we will find out something...

thanks either way i let you know,its good to see theres people that are willing to help others on the forums instead of the usual sarcasm that people throw about,thanks bro
If you can't race on KY1, consider it the game doing you a favor.
Quote from Forbin :If you can't race on KY1, consider it the game doing you a favor.

lol,id be lost without ky1,its my favourite for the fzr if i try the fzr on a normal track i end up spending the entire time on my roof,on ky1 i go around that many times in a day it sends me dizzy and after a few beers i cant tell if im dizzy of the lager or the track.lol
Learn how to drive.
Quote from Forbin :Learn how to drive.

im getting lessons of my nan on her wheelchair,lol,,im not to bad in the other cars on the other tracks,and even though ky1 might get a bit boring its not as simples as people think,especially trying to compete against some of the racers now who get some very good lap times,
i tried a fresh install that didnt work but after looking through the options i found where you can turn off the notifications of your lap times and after turning it off ive had a few races that have been without error,i cant think how this would cause problems but maybe just maybe its ok now,or it will be im in nearing the end of a race im in second place its the last lap and coming up to the last corner then first place takes the corner to wide i cut on the inside to take 1st place then ffffrrrreeeeezzzze,lol
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Also I am not sure why you run 64bit system on just 2GB of ram. Useless in my view unless you have some special reason to run 64bit code.

64-bit register on CPU, so the remaining 32-bits of each register address doesn't go to waste? (it doesn't do much improvement, but still)
And you can run 32-bit systems with many RAM as you want(well not on Windoze, least not XP, but in theory and other OSs you can), if you are willing to sacrifice a few MB of memory to PAE.
I was saying unless he has some special reason to run 64bit on 2GB ram so I am not sure why you pointing to that anyway.

All 32 bit windows cant use more then around 3.25GB ram so having more is waste of money running 32bit version.
my only problem with 64 bit windows is compatability with a lot of programs,i think mine only came with windows 64 because they also sell the same laptop but with 4gig so its probably so probably just is easier for them putting 64bit on both

and devil007 thankyou for your help m8 its appreciated
my laptop kept freezing every so often so gave u8p and bought a new pc,hopefully no more probs decided to get a quad core 6600 8gb ram ,2 ati radeon 1gb 5700 gpus 2tb hdd hopefully no more probs

game freezes only on ky1
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG