The online racing simulator
USB Pen Drives - I Need A New One!
(21 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
right, an idiot kicked mine while it was pugged in, and although it is pretty broke, it somehow still works, (see pic), but it wont last much longer, so i need advice on what to buy, i was looking at http://www.ebuyer.com/customer ... uct_uid=79531&_LOC=UK to replace my current 512 Mb one, as that is an amazing deal, but if you have any suggestion, please voice them, i am looking to spend about £30, also, can my old usb drive be fixed?
Attached images
100_1894 (Large).JPG
100_1900 (Large).JPG
100_1907 (Large).JPG
Aria have a deal on a 1GB 'rugged' pen drive for £17 here
Quote from Jakg :can my old usb drive be fixed?

bend it back?

btw, how did the idiot manage to kick the usb drive while it was plugged in?
Quote from dUmAsS :bend it back?

Due to the meterials involved, doing so would increase the chances of it snapping off.

And why buy a new one? That looks awesome. Plus it'd fit better behind my PC, I want one like that :P

I'm guessing he has front USB ports on the bottom of his case, and the computer sits on the floor...
<snip>

Ever heard of metal fatigue?
Quote from Forbin :Ever heard of metal fatigue?

yes, but it will be interesting to try bend it back
#8 - Jakg

schools pc's have front mounted usb ports, the ironic thing was i was running lfs of it, and it didnt even falter as i happened!
#9 - Jakg
well a teacher bent the usb part back to 20 degrees away from normal, which is better, but the new one turned up, smaller, but 2 Gb, only 8.5 mbs write, but i dont mind, i just cant believe i got it for £27!
That's not surprising. Even if you removed the USB drive, I think it should still run because everything you need is in memory, so long as you're on the track when it happens. Trying to change the car or track is another story.
#11 - Jakg
nope, still works perfectly fine!
Could you bend the whole stick to look like a banana? For those "tough-to-hit" USB-ports?
#13 - Jakg
Please ignore the n00bish typing mistakes from posts almost two years old when i was... a n00b

Since this thread I bought a 2GB generic stick (which melted!) and then bought a 1GB Lexar JumpDrive Lightning. Which I lost

I now have an 8GB memory stick (w00t for my birthday today), but my last experiences with Generic stuff ain't good so i'd like to find a fast, small (i.e. ideally not taking up 2 USB ports at a time) USB flash drive which is 4 / 8 GB for around £15 - £20. So far i've found a lot, but the Sandisk Cruzer Contour looks to be the best (capless is good as i always lose the cap).

Any recommendations? Speed is a priority!
I got a 2gb sony one for free.
#15 - Jakg
Good for you.

I'll just go and buy one on your great review of how fast it is, if it's the right size etc.

Let me just guess the model number...
It's pretty fast actually.
#17 - Jakg
Right - how fast is it compared to other leading drives then? i.e. Cruzer Countour, Cruzer Titanium etc.

In a non-sarcastic tone - it seems nigh-on impossible to find something faster than my Lexar JumpDrive Lightning...
what about getting an 8gb micro sd card and card reader? £20 for the card and £6 for an internal reader. a bit more versatile than just a usb memory stick (use for mp3's on phone so you don't have to carry about a seperate mp3 player).

oh and happy birthday.......have a good one.
#19 - Jakg
My phone has 8GB of storage already and has no card slot, and tbh I doubt it would be anywhere near the speed of my current pen drive.
i don't care much for speeds when it comes to usb stick/pens. as long as i get the data i need onto it then i'm happy.
how fast is that lexar actually? as in non ficticious numbers

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG