The online racing simulator
Steering wheel problem
(18 posts, started )
#1 - GHz
Steering wheel problem
Hi all,
I plus my steering wheel in pc, but it's too sensitive in LFS. I made 90 degrees in options but then i turn it about 40 degrees it shows what i turned like 90 degrees. Sorry for bad english, but i don't know how to explain. Maybe some help?
P.S. It's the same then i set up to 90 degrees in option or 900 degrees.
Hi, what wheel are you using? A Logitech? If its a logitech you might need to change the degree of rotation in the profiler's settings (in specific game setting or global settings).

If its not a logitech product, try the software that came with the wheel.

If you don't have anything of the sort try the Game Controllers settings in Windows' Control Panel.
#3 - GHz
Yes i change degree of rotation in options, but it's the same. Logic3 gt4 wheel
Quote from GHz :Yes i change degree of rotation in options

Option in LFS? Try to see if there are settings you can change in Windows Control Panel > Game Controllers.

Another user had the same issue, but not sure if it was solved...
Quote from Davo :Move the wheel through the whole motion when calibrating. Adjust the wheel rotation to 180 and adjust wheel turn compensation to 1.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=22569
#5 - GHz
Sorry for bad English. Not option, setting. I just tried what you said, but it's not working ;/

Any more ideas?
I'm trying to get in touch with Krammeh (who had the same issue) and see if he somehow managed to sort it out.

Have you tried the wheel with any other games? Just to see if its a problem with the wheel or the wheel+LFS.

I can't find much info about drivers/support for it - maybe because its a ps2/xbox wheel.

Best hope is to try changing the settings in Windows' Game Controllers. I'll post again if I find something... Try Google - maybe you'll find some useful tip.

Oh, and do post here if you find a solution. Good luck.
#7 - GHz
I didn't found in google solution, for this problem. No, in the wheel is writted that my wheel is for pc, not for ps or xbox, I think there are similar for ps and xbox. I think prblem is with all games, because it didn't worked very good in NFS too.
You can't really match the motion of your wheel to the motion of the virtual steering wheel in a car in LFS. Common road-going car has a wheel turn range of over 700 degrees, but your wheel doesn't have a bigger range than 360 degrees, right?

If you find that the steering is too sensitive, you can set the "Wheel turn" in LFS to a value that matches your wheel and play around with "Wheel turn compensation" and "Non-linear steering" until you find a setting that works for you.

BTW: NFS has always worked like crap with wheels...
#9 - GHz
Oh you don't get it. My problem is that my wheel is too sensitive and then i change settings in LFS sensitivity is not changing. I change everything in LFS but no difference.
Quote from MadCatX :You can't really match the motion of your wheel to the motion of the virtual steering wheel in a car in LFS.

Is that the issue here? I thought it was more like with Krammeh's issue with the (same?) wheel.

Quote from Krammeh :It says that it has 180 wheel rotation, but, after calibrating it does not use the whole wheel, if that makes sense. If I was to turn the wheel, it reaches the end of its range before it gets to the end of the wheel itself.

@GHz, have a look in the LFS Manual; you might something useful (I couldn't).
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#Wheel.2FJoystick
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Wheels
#11 - GHz
Yes, problem is like Krammeh's
Oh, my bad, I get now. I assume you haven't installed any drivers for the wheel, right? You might want to check if the wheel works correctly in windows control panel. If you're on WinXP, you can try these drivers.
#13 - GHz
I installed those drivers but nothing changed...
More ideas? I very want to play LFS with steerting wheel
Whats the stated wheel rotation in the box? Is it 180 degrees or 90 degrees? I can't find any info in any website stating the wheel rotation... Maybe 40 degrees (each way) is the maximum for that wheel?

Is there a possibility in returning the product? It seems to be either a limitation of the wheel or problem with it since it wont work properly in LFS and NFS.
#15 - GHz
It's old so no possibility to return back. I can rotate it about 110 degrees, i dont think what only 40 degrees can....

In my steering wheel is 10k Ohm potentiometer if i change it to 5k what do you think? Maybe thats would be good then?
I dont think you're meant to change that. The manual doesn't say anything about it either. I'm completely lost.

Have a look in the manual (bottom of the link MadCatX posted) and try installing the drivers from the Logic3 Drivers Archive (is the product code PSU448 or PXP443?).
#17 - GHz
Yes I installed drivers but nothing change at all On my wheel is writed only gt4 and pc247
i figured it out just click Mode on the wheel and it works like a dream Hope it works for you, Did for me xxx

Steering wheel problem
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG