The online racing simulator
invalid file path... cant save PBs help pls...
Anyone got some help for me please?
Do you mean replays? Try to check if your spr / mpr folder is writable.
#3 - amp88
Are you talking about LFS or about an addon you've downloaded? You need to give us more information to go on here...
thanks for the help fellas,

when im playing online, i get the invalid file path, cant save pb details message, is this cos i moved the lfs file from where I originally installed it?

im just playing the normal LFS game, no add ons...

Luke
Quote from Flame CZE :Do you mean replays? Try to check if your spr / mpr folder is writable.

If i try to open a spr file direct from the folder i get an error message saying :lfs in not in the entry screen"

If i open a spr from inside the game then take a test drive I get a message "could not create spr file"
#6 - amp88
Quote from Lukaas :
when im playing online, i get the invalid file path, cant save pb details message, is this cos i moved the lfs file from where I originally installed it?

Hmm...this sounds like an AIRIO message (AIRIO is an InSim application that runs on a lot of servers). Since people can shortcut tracks AIRIO can validate laptimes by checking you haven't cut any of the track. It also invalidates outlaps (i.e. laps where you've exited the pits). Do you see the message on all laps you do or only on some laps you do online? LFS doesn't save any PB information to your local computer (it's saved on LFS World instead).

Quote from Lukaas :If i try to open a spr file direct from the folder i get an error message saying :lfs in not in the entry screen"

That's to do with the way LFS works when opening replays with a double click from within a file browser (e.g. Windows Explorer). If you want to open a replay you can't be in another race session, for example.

Quote from Lukaas :If i open a spr from inside the game then take a test drive I get a message "could not create spr file"

Not sure I fully understand this point. What operating system are you running? Where is LFS installed on your computer (e.g. C:/LFS or C:/Program Files/LFS)?
Not sure I fully understand this point. What operating system are you running? Where is LFS installed on your computer (e.g. C:/LFS or C:/Program Files/LFS)?[/QUOTE]

When i run a spr there is an option on the screen to test drive, if I select this, i get the error mess.

im running XP,

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\LFS is location,

Maybe just a reinstall? Save us all some trouble?
#8 - amp88
Quote from Lukaas :im running XP,

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\LFS is location,

Maybe just a reinstall? Save us all some trouble?

Can you find that folder in Explorer, right click on it and go to Properties. What does the "Read Only" check box look like?
its checked....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG