The online racing simulator
should an old boy, return?
(13 posts, started )
Hi all

Its been a long long time since i played LFS..infact i think it was 2003-ish, i have a S1 licence (i think) im thinking of coming back to LFS, i used to play with keyboard, and i did at that time, hold a couple of WR's. These days i have a DFGT wheel..does this wheel work with lfs? Also, how much is the game supported these days? is scawen and the bunch still actively finishing the game? Is it worth coming back to lfs?

In my day we had about 50 players online, whats the numbers like now?

I might give it a whirl.

EDIT: just seen my join date, OCT 2003
You can see online numbers on LFSW, DF GT works, Vic is around for support. My recommendation would be to wait till the next batch of test patches before returning to active racing.
Hi, welcome back.

The numbers are higher than 50, peaking around 750 (you can check the stats in LFSWorld>Racers and Hosts Online>History), but then again not all of them race (they're online doing other driving related-stuff :razz

If you're on an S1 licence, join in and try out a couple of servers. Hopefully you'd be able to have at least a few good racers. You might still like it and upgrade to S2; more servers/racers.

In my opinion, yes, its worth coming back.
Bugger me, october 2003 join date!

DFGT works fine, as for development, well....:sadbanana

I mean it's certainly worth a £12 upgrade but don't expect much to come in terms of new features!
they are still developing, and as for te time, its a complex game coded by one man

so updates to come, not sure when, but take a spin online
It's certainly worth returning, but don't wait for this elusive patch unless you
want another year off.
Definitely worth upgrading, should it be just to see the progresses made since early S1 days

Well, the game might have lost its close community feeling it used to have. But as you see there are much more people online these days, and you can still find some pretty good racing if you know where to go(hint: not always on the most crowded server(s)).
Quote from nightymare :Hi all

Its been a long long time since i played LFS..infact i think it was 2003-ish, i have a S1 licence (i think) im thinking of coming back to LFS, i used to play with keyboard, and i did at that time, hold a couple of WR's. These days i have a DFGT wheel..does this wheel work with lfs? Also, how much is the game supported these days? is scawen and the bunch still actively finishing the game? Is it worth coming back to lfs?

In my day we had about 50 players online, whats the numbers like now?

I might give it a whirl.

EDIT: just seen my join date, OCT 2003

Since your S1, get S2 and you wont be bored.
Quote from Bob Smith :Nothing wrong with one of those.

lol and yee a geordie, canny....just one thing about starting playin again. i had a look around and things, went onto the track but, sorted wheel out and stuff. One thing that got me though, do i need to clutch in the game now?
Its up to you. You can change the settings to auto-clutch. I think its under Options > Driver > Auto clutch > [yes]
oh ty, will look at that setting to see if it helps sorry to ask so many questions here but, who is doing the game now? a story? lol
#13 - Zay
Quote from nightymare :oh ty, will look at that setting to see if it helps sorry to ask so many questions here but, who is doing the game now? a story? lol

I think you should upgrade to S2, so much better than S1

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG