The online racing simulator
LFS Not opening
(16 posts, started )
LFS Not opening
HI,

I have a problem where by when I click on the shortcut icon to open LFS what happens is that the first screen starts but then disappears and that is it, no LFS, Ive tried downloading it again but the problem is still there, i just cannot open LFS, any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Try running as administrator, u might also try the compability options.
Quote from hazaky :Try running as administrator, u might also try the compability options.

Thanks........... Can you please explain compatability options !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooops found it LOL
if it diddnt work, then try deleting all the files that start with cfg
Quote from logitekg25 :if it diddnt work, then try deleting all the files that start with cfg

Thanks for that deleted all files that began with cfg, but when you typed that CFG was it just those 3 letters or was it CFG plus any other letters as well in the address, does that make sense??
cfg.txt and card_cfg.txt maybe interface_cfg.txt but i dont know if that will help anything.
Quote from logitekg25 :cfg.txt and card_cfg.txt maybe interface_cfg.txt but i dont know if that will help anything.

Ive done that but still no joy, would it be worth doing a system restore at a point where I know it was working correctly. Seems strange this has just happened when it has been working ok for the last 9/10 months. My OS is Windows XP and my browser is Firefox. Thanks
yeah that seems like its the only thing that will do it
Quote from logitekg25 :yeah that seems like its the only thing that will do it

Well that didnt work as well, Im at a loss of where to go from here, does anybody have any ideas please, miss my racing lol
hmmm...fresh windows install?

virus scan? firewall? remove all un-needed processes? if none of that email scawen, and he will help you through that...its for his benefit too
Quote from logitekg25 :hmmm...fresh windows install?

virus scan? firewall? remove all un-needed processes? if none of that email scawen, and he will help you through that...its for his benefit too

Forgive my ignorance but who is skewan?
Scawen is the programmer of LFS, one of the three developers
Hi Milpol

May I ask is your PC overclocked at all?
Have you changed any settings in the BIOS just before LFS stopped working?
Did you update the GFX card drivers or install a new GFX card?
Do you have any other games installed & are they running fine?
Have you tried downloading and installing a fresh copy of LFS? (EDIT: I just re-read that you tried this << )

just trying to get a grip on what might be happening

Good luck

SD.
There should be a "deb.log" file in your LFS directory, could you post it's contents? It might give us some clues about what's going on...
Quote from MadCatX :There should be a "deb.log" file in your LFS directory, could you post it's contents? It might give us some clues about what's going on...

Dec 09 22:24:15 LFS : 0.5Z28
Dec 09 22:24:15 timer resolution 1 ms
Dec 09 22:24:15 read config
Dec 09 22:24:15 get command line
Dec 09 22:24:16 preinit d3d
Dec 09 22:24:16 number of adapters : 1
Dec 09 22:24:16 adapter 0 - valid modes : 136
Dec 09 22:24:16 load bans
Dec 09 22:24:16 load font
Dec 09 22:24:16 -----
Dec 09 22:24:16 max texture size 8192
Dec 09 22:24:16 can do shadows
Dec 09 22:24:16 can use 2x tex
Dec 09 22:24:16 can do multi tex
Dec 09 22:24:16 can use dynamic tex
Dec 09 22:24:16 can use compressed tex
Dec 09 22:24:17 create english file
Dec 09 22:24:17 initialisations
Dec 09 22:24:17 human system
Dec 09 22:24:18 tables
Dec 09 22:24:18 helmet
Dec 09 22:24:18 controllers
Quote from SparkyDave :Hi Milpol

May I ask is your PC overclocked at all?
Have you changed any settings in the BIOS just before LFS stopped working?
Did you update the GFX card drivers or install a new GFX card?
Do you have any other games installed & are they running fine?
Have you tried downloading and installing a fresh copy of LFS? (EDIT: I just re-read that you tried this << )

just trying to get a grip on what might be happening

Good luck

SD.

Thanks for the interest sparky, no overclocking at all, no changes to the BIOS no updates< I have Flight Sim X installed and no problem with that!!!!!!!!

LFS Not opening
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG