The online racing simulator
Hardest Track / Car Combo
(53 posts, started )
I just wanted to start a little discussion here. In LFS, what is for you one of the trickier or trickiest track/car combination.

For me it's definitely a longer race on FE4R (Black) on FXO.
I really like the track in forward mode, but reverse all the tricky parts are taken neither in much higher speeds or downhill. Especially with the the FXO you really have to drive "on raw eggs".

Generally I also think that the FE4R is on of the hardest tracks to master with any faster car.

Please feel free to join the discussion and tell about your "horror"-combination

Edit: To be more precise:
Feel free to write about "easy to learn, hard to master" or "hard to learn, not that hard to master" track experiences. You can also differentiate between the single seater cars or the rest of them.
F08/BF1 (minus TC) On any South City track except Sprint 1. Going flatout hotlap mode of course. The bumps will drive the car nuts
BF1 without TC on FE1
There is no hard combo for me. But if i have to choose something i'll take fo8@fe5
UFR + SO Long=Epik Barrel-Rolls.
LX6 blackwood rallycross or SO Long
RAC on every single trackcombo
FO8 @ FE4r - So difficult to drive that track good anyway, but the FO8 just loses grip so easily on that track
#9 - Seb66
hardest track/ combo to be fast at.. or hardest to drive?

the fo8 is easy
Uf1 on Ky1 as it's so boring you kill yourself before the lap is finished
FO8 / fe5
Wait... what about FE6 + BF1 without TC?
#13 - aoun
Mostly FWD cars for me on any track. Im well suited to RWD cars, although sounds abit silly, I seem to struggle with understeer from a FWD car. I also find the BF1 WITH TC abit hard as its easier to judge the car without TC than with.
Quote from Seb66 :hardest track/ combo to be fast at.. or hardest to drive?

the fo8 is easy

Yep, I think some distinction must be made.

Way I see it, there are two definitions to the words "hard" or "difficult" when it comes to car & track combos.

1. Attempting to go fast easily results in a loss of control. The combo may be hard to learn yet easy to master, but in many cases it will be hard to master too.

2. It's easy to keep from losing control and at least get around without incident, but you'll be damned if you ever get close to the WR (i.e. easy to learn, hard to master).
This could be a good subject if you separate it a little further. How about the hardest single seater/track combo and the hardest enclosed/tin top car/track combo?

Also, since the single seaters don't really belong on the rallycross courses, those combos shouldn't be considered.

The UF1 at KY1. Maybe that shouldn't be considered either.

Now for my selections? I haven't driven each car enough to give an honest answer. However, I've driven a few cars a lot. I'll come up with something when I get more time with each car on each track.

But I'm guessing for the single seaters, it's going to be the BF1 due to the shear acceleration it has and the speed that it can reach before entering a corner and not being able to actually feel it in the seat of your pants.

For the multi-seat cars, it's probably going to be the RAC due to it's washy feeling. I'm sure it can be set up better, but I haven't spent any time with it yet.

As for the tracks, any track where you can't see the turn coming up until you are right on top of it can be tough until you learn the track real well. I've found that to be a problem with netKar Pro, most of the turns you can't see until you get right there and then I'm off into the grass with an unrealistic sound of the car riding on the ground. Most of the LFS tracks seem to have good visibility of the actual track surface and there is enough scenery to gauge from, except for maybe some turns at KY2 and KY3.

-Maurice
Quote from mopar93 :This could be a good subject if you separate it a little further. How about the hardest single seater/track combo and the hardest enclosed/tin top car/track combo?

I thought that it's clear that you can mention anything related to the topic hardest track / car combo but I added some more specifications in the first post.

Thank you for the hint.
BF1 on a south city track with the chicane. That god damn....
Quote from RasmusL :BF1 on a south city track with the chicane. That god damn....

I do the chicane flat out with bf1 at SO6
How about messing up the entry slightly? What happens?
XRR on FE4. Also Kyoto Oval because you can't get close to the wr
Quote from RasmusL :How about messing up the entry slightly? What happens?

SHIFT + P or SHIFT + S
Quote from baSh0r :XRR on FE4. Also Kyoto Oval because you can't get close to the wr

FE4 isn't a bad track, regardless of the car. FE4R by comparison is a bloody nightmare in any car.
Quote from Forbin :FE4 isn't a bad track, regardless of the car. FE4R by comparison is a bloody nightmare in any car.

That's what brought me to start this thread
Quote from Polaxis :That's what brought me to start this thread

I did the 16HR race at FE4R in the FZR.
Quote from Forbin :I did the 16HR race at FE4R in the FZR.

You, Sir, are insane! :-)

(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG