The online racing simulator
Connection Lost when Track is voted
(7 posts, started )
when i'm racing on cargame.nl servers or other ones with voting system, (not sure if its just because of voting system, didnt tried out yet, because i'm not driving on other servers that much) i'm loosing the connection to the server when a new track has been voted. right in the moment its supposed to load the track i see some black screen and hear the annoying "Beep" from the game, it drops be back to the multiplayer menu and i just read "Connection Lost" in red letters

my pc is quite old, but some weeks ago lfs worked fine for me,
i didnt changed anything from the game, except the hi-res package and different slicks with the green line on it. i already re-installed it, but still doesnt work as it should work when playing online

hardware:

graphics: ati radeon 9800 pro
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939
cpu: AMD Athlon 64, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3200+
memory: 2 gb

thanks for help :leb::wave2:
No it's not the voting system, this already happened before that. It's just the track changing stuff which makes the connection drop.

It occurs for months now and it's pretty consequent for some people. I got no explanation for it but it's interesting that you suddenly experience this problem also. Maybe we finally get a solution for this problem.

What do you mean by re-installing?

You tested without the add ons?
Quote from cargame.nl :It occurs for months now and it's pretty consequent for some people.

consistent?

what is your connection like? are you using wireless by any chance?
I'm on wireless all the time and the exact same thing happens during peak times (evenings; when even a youtube video takes ages to load). For me, plugging in the cable wont do much difference at that time; I'd loose connection even when the grid is half full - but no issues (lagging) during the races.

I'm not aware of a fix, but what I tend to do is - vote for the location/combo and do /leave before the track change takes place. I could then rejoin the server select car/track and be ready by the time server re-organizes the grid for race #1.

If I don't do "/leave" and quickly get out, it'll (sometimes) lag the server and the people trying to connect/join-track/pit etc...

Vote, /leave and rejoin before others who got "connection lost" tries to re-login (and get queued!)
interesting to see that i'm not the only one with the problem
i'm having a stable 50 mbit (!) connection via LAN cable to router, so i guess theres no problem with that, as silverracer also explained the thing a bit

@dave, tried the thing without addons too, still loosing connection
i guess i'll leave the server after voting, especially in peak times
Quote from reason0809 :i'm having a stable 50 mbit (!) connection via LAN cable to router

Alot of people are having a stable 10 gbit/s connection via "LAN" (it's cat5e/cat6(a)/etc, not LAN cable) to their routers
yeah i guess i was wrong there
i mean superfast internet, which is not usual here

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG