The online racing simulator
Announcing SCORE Fake DTM series!
(165 posts, started )
Yes, one
If people would be so kind to report the exact race time of the incident, I could include this in the email as well
wuouw u guys seems to have had a banger race last night

- I had to disconnect before the race because im very sick at the moment. :sick:
Could not concentrate enough so I guess it was better not to race.

-edit- can someone mail me replay of the race?
The replay is available in SCORE Files section. Look in the LFS department
Quote from X-Ter :The replay is available in SCORE Files section. Look in the LFS department

thx
Well... 24 hours have past and the rulings are official and posted on SCORE. Result are up and it's still VERY close
Now please... Don't have us all go trough this again. Next time, race with pitspotter active or something. It really helps, trust me
Quote from BlueSkunk :hi,

some observations on protest procedure:

the procedure in this series is that drivers are the judges in case of a protest. fine. i got notified of driver x having made a violation in lap z. i shall now watch the replay and speak a verdict. anything from innocent, 30 sec time penalty, starting at the end of the grid next race, etc.

how can i judge a drivers behaviour if i am not told what the complaint is about? "a violation in lap z" is really unprecise. the driver in question can do many things in one lap, being involved in a crash, cutting in front of another driver, being lapped, whatever. which situation is the one to judge? assuming that it is the obvious crash in that lap is still an assumption.

therefore i'd suggest that complaints are stating the actual situation the specific driver was involved in.

any comments?

I'll comment. Even though I'm racing another division I still love to watch any replays I can if nothing else but to learn.
I just watched the individuals mentioned on several of the laps up too and after the laps mentioned per driver. It is a very entertaining watch as you EURO guys are VERY aggressive to your racing mates. South City brought this out best so far. Too me, all incidents (but one) looked like close (aggressive) racing mistakes and not intentional.

Good luck to all on the next event.
Quote from nmanley :It is a very entertaining watch as you EURO guys are VERY aggressive to your racing mates.

Yes, we are brutal bastards that don't take any prisoners on track :mischievo
Well not really though... This race was just more tense than most, and some unlucky incidents occured cause of bad judgement
Hmmmm have you watched any DTM race from this season? Those guys do NOT take prisoners indeed!!
Yes sometimes the races are very aggressive,
but at the same time, allmost allways very "gentlemen sportsman" like.

-when people can race like that, u get the best races EVER.

I like this cup.
i think this series and the people that drive in it are fantastic.

given the intensity of the races on those tracks the number of incidents is always way below what i would expect. i think that driver attitude and racing behaviour in general is excellent.

...but, of course, shit happens
Unfortunately, due to an accident today in which I injured my hand (22 stitches & brused nerve), I will not be able to race this week, and maybe next week as well. I want to thank the SCORE guys for putting on this series. I have had a lot of fun and will be rooting for CoRe.PeterLaan (#68-P.Laan) to bring the championship home for CoRe Racing! Good luck to everyone, and I hope to race with everyone again soon!!
Sorry to hear that man, hope your hand gets better soon =(
Quote from banshee56 :Unfortunately, due to an accident today in which I injured my hand (22 stitches & brused nerve), I will not be able to race this week, and maybe next week as well. I want to thank the SCORE guys for putting on this series. I have had a lot of fun and will be rooting for CoRe.PeterLaan (#68-P.Laan) to bring the championship home for CoRe Racing! Good luck to everyone, and I hope to race with everyone again soon!!

Jeezzz Man, I hope it heals 100%. Sounds like a pretty bad accident on the hand.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Yeah, take care of that hand and make it heal fast. We need you back on the track soon
I probably won't be able to make this race, I won't be lucky enough to have rain today =/ But if I do I will try to make the race
The finish of this DTM is going to be so close man....2 fast tracks left to do and 2 great track so i think we are in for a great final 2 tracks with good close racing..
hi,

i'd like to vote to give burnout his 2 points for finishing 7th place.

i know he shift+s-pitted in 33rd lap (i think) but if he hadn't 2 cars would have crashed really badly into him. i know what's written in the rules about telepitting but i think this case should receive extra attention:

1. he is overtaking pickard and lsdwolf by 1 point in the overall ranking list, but those 2 guys haven't been racing the last 4/6 races. i assume they have been dropped from the list already since then. therefore burnout dosn't interfere with anyones position anyway.
2. i see his action as very fair and sportsmanslike, giving up his "right" to finish to save 2 other drivers
3. he made a true effort by still finishing his race, compared to those who decided to just disconnect when things didn't run as smoothly as expected. that's what i call good racing spirit.

all this considered i think this special case should be reconsidered.

what do you think?
Quote from BlueSkunk :hi,

i'd like to vote to give burnout his 2 points for finishing 7th place.

i know he shift+s-pitted in 33rd lap (i think) but if he hadn't 2 cars would have crashed really badly into him. i know what's written in the rules about telepitting but i think this case should receive extra attention:

1. he is overtaking pickard and lsdwolf by 1 point in the overall ranking list, but those 2 guys haven't been racing the last 4/6 races. i assume they have been dropped from the list already since then. therefore burnout dosn't interfere with anyones position anyway.
2. i see his action as very fair and sportsmanslike, giving up his "right" to finish to save 2 other drivers
3. he made a true effort by still finishing his race, compared to those who decided to just disconnect when things didn't run as smoothly as expected. that's what i call good racing spirit.

all this considered i think this special case should be reconsidered.

what do you think?

Problem is with that if you do it with 1 driver then you have to do it with them all.....In one of the early races one of my team m8s crashed on one of the Fern Bay track in the DTM and there was a few drivers behind him and to stop a big crash he also hit shift-s and god knows how many more it happend too. So if you give him points then you will have to give everyone else them as well.
My thoughts exactly. What BurnOut did was nice to the other drivers, but still... If we give him the points, we have to give a lot of points back.
well, actually we don't, as noone else was making any requests for it. this here is the same as the case with crossing the yellow line during piting where one driver got a time penalty after a protest, 10 other drivers didn't because there was no protest against those. so, obviously, any claims or protests are only case specific.

"Vote is open for 24 hours after it has been posted and every driver has vote", therefore noone from race 1 can come up with any claim or ptotest now.

if we have to vote for penalties against a driver then why shouldn't we have the possibility to vote for a benefit for a driver also?
Good question, and I wish I had the answer. This is simply something I have never imagined could happen, and so there are no clear rules for how to act. I sure wish BurnOut could have his points, but I think it would cause a lot of unnessesary arguing.
unecessary arguing?

penalizing a race winner for crossing a yellow line without causing an accident or inhibiting traffic in any way didn't cause any arguments for some obscure reason, giving points to a driver which won't affect anyone should? personally i would like to find out.
This is pretty unecessary. The rule with the yellow line that time and the rule was within reason you can cross it but in that case it was not within reason. My team m8 ran out of fuel on the start finish straight and landed short of the finish line so does that mean i can give him points too? Rules are rules and i am sure me and X-Ter will go through the rules for next season and make them more clear. This is the first season of DTM so yes there is going to be teething problems but for the mean time these rules are what we go by.
so it was within reason to penalize one driver for a violation and not all others for the same violation?

that is a very ineresting way to look at things, indeed.

you make it sound like the rules are used in cases of personal interest rather than a means of establishing a fair playing field for everyone.

and what running out of fuel has to do with this i fail to see entirely.

and i wasn't critizing 'teething problems' as i don't really see any. i'm very happy with this series and the way it's being conducted. i only made a suggestion to support a fellow driver which in my opinion is not an unworthy thing to do.

this series, or any series i suppose, exists because of motivated people participating in it. therefore rules and decisions should always be made with the drivers in mind first.

Well said, and good points
But... Let's turn the problem around a little. The job for the series admin would be huge if he/she was to go trough every replay over and over again to check that every driver did what they where supposed to do. It just can't be done, unless the admin is willing to say "bye, bye" to hi/her entire life.
So... The sad truth is that the admin has to rely on other drivers to report a matter of cheating, missconduct (spelling?), bad behaviour, bad sportsmanship and general braking of the rules. In real life there are marshals all over the place that report stuff in real time, but until LFS has a feature like that, it has to be this way.

I've said it many times that I'm all for automated penalties. The old game STCC2 (if anyone rembers that) had hit detection that sent the hitting car into the pitlane for a drive trough. Very clever coding there indeed. If LFS had that, I wouldn't have to write any rules for that part, since it would take care of itself.
If LFS had a server option not to allow anyone who "telepitted" back on track for the remaining race, I wouldn't have to write rules about that either.
And if there was an off track detection like in Nascar Heat (adds 2 seconds to your laptime if you cut a corner or go wide), I wouldn't have to write rules about not cutting corners. The list is long

In the end, I'm happy that mostly anyone who enters a race is willing to try their best to follow the rules, and most do a really good job. And I must say that those who have been suject to a vote for a penalty, has shown a great deal of sportsmanship and not been angry the next race, but just kept on racing. I like that, and I hope it continues like that. And that's the whole meaning of having rules. To create a fun and "safe" enviroment for us, the diehard online racers

Announcing SCORE Fake DTM series!
(165 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG