The online racing simulator
Getting a wheel
(22 posts, started )
#1 - Hahmo
Getting a wheel
Yes I do know there are threads like this already but I have my personal needs and so yeah..

I'm wanting to buy a new wheel, pedals with it and I really want the 6gear h-shifter aswell.
I already own Logitech Momo which I bought 10 months ago, after 4-5 months of using it just started not to work very well, pedals dont take 100% all the time anymore, I have to press them very hard to get the full out of it, when I press throttle it takes about 5-10% of the brake aswell so I have to keep the pedal up myself.. Also if I turn quickly to right lets say, it calibrates the wheel centering about 10-60 degree to right. Also when I just move the wheel around it moves 4-5mm to every side, it's not very nice when trying to drive stints in races, very uncomfortable.

Well yeah, now it's time to start look for a new wheel for christmas probably. Of course i'd like to buy G25 as it is high quality wheel and "cheap". Can't get them anywhere anymore, that's just the problem. I have thought of getting the Fanatec GT3rs wheel without clubsport pedals but meh.. G27 might be too expensive for me. I get about 50-80e a week, so I want to keep the prices low so that I can buy the wheel before the christmas, and i'm not happy about spending over 250e over a wheel..

So, any suggestions? anyone probably selling used g25 or smth? :P
Thanks, Miro
If you are fine with spending over 250 euro, get the Fanatec GT3 RS. [/thread]
#3 - Hahmo
Quote from Bose321 :If you are fine with spending over 250 euro, get the Fanatec GT3 RS. [/thread]

It's a great wheel from what i've heard, but I dont really need the clubsport pedals. I can get the V2 for 180e? So it would not go over 250.. But not available until January 2011, or it says so on their website. Jabba
#4 - Seb66
jabba, buy a g25 off ebay.
actually don't do that, it will be shit
#5 - Hahmo
Quote from Seb66 :jabba, buy a g25 off ebay.
actually don't do that, it will be shit

jabba
make more sense
buy my cockpit with g25 and dfgt, includes a handbrake
#7 - Hahmo
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :buy my cockpit with g25 and dfgt, includes a handbrake

Meh, i'm not into drifting :P Pics anyway? sounds cool
Haven't used too much time on the upholstery yet Might give some time to it later.

DFGT pedal axis is operating the handbrake

#9 - Hahmo
Very nice actually :P I can probably buy the G25 stuff, without the cockpit and everything, if you want to sell them for a discussable price :P
Quote from Hahmo :It's a great wheel from what i've heard, but I dont really need the clubsport pedals. I can get the V2 for 180e? So it would not go over 250.. But not available until January 2011, or it says so on their website. Jabba

Yes you can if you don't want the CS edition.
I think I am going to keep it myself
Now that I have searched and will not be able to get this one wheel that I wanted cos they don't have it anymore, i'm looking for a G27. I've got the money but meh.. don't really want to spend it but what the heck, let's go for some real high quality stuff.

So, anyone have any idea where I could get it for a reasonable price? Like where could I buy it and stuff..
Quote from Hahmo :let's go for some real high quality stuff.

In that case, you do not want a G27.
Quote from Bose321 :In that case, you do not want a G27.

Shut up with the Fanatec GT3 RS V2 wheel and clubsport pedals
Quote from Hahmo :Shut up with the Fanatec GT3 RS V2 wheel and clubsport pedals

Well, you want something that's super high quality, and you don't want a Fanatec, there's not much left, unless you got the money for a FREX.
Quote from Bose321 :Well, you want something that's super high quality, and you don't want a Fanatec, there's not much left, unless you got the money for a FREX.

G27 is high quality wheel, high quality pedals and high quality H-shifter.
GT3 RS might be a bit better, great, I think g27 will be just perfect after having broken momo for 8 months.
Wheel may be fine, but pedals and shifter not near any quality...
Quote from Bose321 :Wheel may be fine, but pedals and shifter not near any quality...

They are comparing to my momo, which is enough for me :P
If the g series are probably the most bought wheelpack, people are very pleased with the products they've paid for and are happy about them, you can't really say they aren't high quality, ay?
Well yeah, if you compare them to a MOMO, everything is high quality. I am used to the Fanatec, so I compare the other way around I suppose. And please, just because Logitech is a bigger name, doesn't mean they make better stuff, this goes for all their products.
Quote from Bose321 :Well yeah, if you compare them to a MOMO, everything is high quality. I am used to the Fanatec, so I compare the other way around I suppose. And please, just because Logitech is a bigger name, doesn't mean they make better stuff, this goes for all their products.

Myself I have found Logitech very good company, all the stuff I have bought from them I have liked and they have lasted for years, still going. Well not the momo, but meh.

I'm expecting the G27 to be longlasting good wheel
Quote from Hahmo :Shut up with the Fanatec GT3 RS V2 wheel and clubsport pedals

G27 is a great wheel. I use it... had a MOMO before it with same issues you described (especially in LFS) and G27 made me a much cleaner and faster driver (now i can do a lap without wrecking :P)
Quote from Bmxtwins : (now i can do a lap without wrecking :P)

Lies!

Even though, might be true..

Getting a wheel
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG