The online racing simulator
Update helmet
(8 posts, started )
Update helmet
The actual helmet looks ok, but have very low poly count, whould be nice have a update with a more acurated shape and a bit more of polys, so we can also make better skins( Like actual helmets ), Also the Appearance of the actual helmet looks like from 70 - 80`s,
Personally I believe this would be a complete waste of time, I cannot remember the last time I was racing and took the time to gaze at my competitors helmets as they over took me. Maybe this is the reason development has been so slow, with all the stupid requests I've seen posted on the forum the dev's just can't keep up with all the additional coding... why not add rotating driveshafts so when I impact with the red/white barriers everyone can see my undercarriage in full rendered detail as I barrel roll to 30 thousand feet?
Quote from lap traffic nz :Personally I believe this would be a complete waste of time, I cannot remember the last time I was racing and took the time to gaze at my competitors helmets as they over took me. Maybe this is the reason development has been so slow, with all the stupid requests I've seen posted on the forum the dev's just can't keep up with all the additional coding... why not add rotating driveshafts so when I impact with the red/white barriers everyone can see my undercarriage in full rendered detail as I barrel roll to 30 thousand feet?

If you dont see someon helmets it doesnt mean everyone do the same as you, while you are spectating someon or watching a video or makin a screenshot. whold be nice have a bit better helmet shape

And i didnt say "DO IT FOR THE NEXT PATCH", just for future updates or add into the Imp Suggestion log.

And dont think is a stupid idea have a better looking helmet shape, everthing that add a "Better" quality, it helps in the final product
I agree, we need a new helmet model and a new template, this helmet has been in the game for more than 5 years, I think it's time for an update

This isn't that much time consuming, someone with some decent modeling skills should be able to make such a thing within reasonable delay.

There are some awesome helmets out there on that "cube" (only joking, that's my little name for the helmet shape ), I would like to see those on a better detailed one The actual shape is about 150 polygons as far as I remember, I doubt having twice this number would affect the game experience that bad

So +1 for me
durp durp.. stupid request
I BELIEVE THE HELMETS SHOULD BE 3000 POLYS! IF I CAN SEE ANY CORNERS IN THE CURVE... ITS TOO LOW POLY! HURP DURP!
I also enjoy watching some replays or races sometimes from 3rd person and Inouva makes a point: the helmets are very low polys and it doesn't make LFS look attractive compared to the helmet shape of NKP or some top rfactor mods.
Of course there are more important things on their list but on the aesthetic side that would be a good one

The bad news is that doing such thing might turn all helmet skins on LFSW obsolete

You don't have to agree but these low polygons on helmets and cars (such as the obvious RB4) make quite a contrast with those high textures most of us implent in our LFS. So HD textures with low polys means that LFS does show it's age of course but it's not the end of the world either.

I still rather play GP4 than F1 2010 so that show you how much I care about polygons. Although it helps making a product attractive and the first impression is very important for consumers.

Last point: it does not take long to create.
There really are a lot of small things that should be sorted to get this game a bit more up to date.
1 - I completly agree with Inouva

2 - What people fail to understand is tha helmets are made by Eric, while the rest of improvements are made by Scawen. So LFS won't lose any development time

Update helmet
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG