The online racing simulator
Cannot unlock s2!
(21 posts, started )
Cannot unlock s2!
IT gives me "cannot create file" and Unlock Error 2

I just tried to create s2 server. it closed itself (LFS) and then when i restarted it.. it said i had to open (unlock it)

Now im demo racer. why the hell?

HELP ASAP! I WANT TO PLAY MY S2 =S
#2 - dadge
Quote from Mikko1 :IT gives me "cannot create file" and Unlock Error 2

I just tried to create s2 server. it closed itself (LFS) and then when i restarted it.. it said i had to open (unlock it)

Now im demo racer. why the hell?

HELP ASAP! I WANT TO PLAY MY S2 =S

go to the LFS website and email the devs. i'm sure they will be able to offer some advice on how to get round this issue.
OKEY

"Message has been sent!
Your message has been sent to the Live for Speed developers.
We will try to reply to you as soon as possible.
If you have not received a reply within 24 hours, feel free to mail us again.

"
Now i just have to wait i wanted to play s2
Make sure your LFS directory isn't write protected. To be 100% sure you can do a fresh install of LFS into another directory and try to unlock that one.
easy do this...

#7 - dadge
run as admin?
Tried a fresh install to another folder, maybe even on another disk or partition?
Quote from MadCatX :Tried a fresh install to another folder, maybe even on another disk or partition?

Tried. Doesnt work.
Easy just one word:

Format.
Why you just dont wait to devs to answere you?
FORMAT is my favorite word,
you should make a fresh copy of whatever you got.
Xp? win7? vista?
I got the email from devs. DUH i forgot to tell about this thread
Quote from RMZ125 :FORMAT is my favorite word,
you should make a fresh copy of whatever you got.
Xp? win7? vista?

you can only format a disk once. every other time, it's a reformat
Quote from dadge :you can only format a disk once. every other time, it's a reformat

You can overwrite first sector of HDD (aka MBR) with nulls (as in 0x00, not ASCII '0'), then you can format it as it will be unformatted
Quote from E.Reiljans :You can overwrite first sector of HDD (aka MBR) with nulls (as in 0x00, not ASCII '0'), then you can format it as it will be unformatted

but you still need to reformat the drive in order to make it accessible. but we're nit picking.
Quote from dadge :but you still need to reformat the drive in order to make it accessible. but we're nit picking.

Format, not reformat in this case
This thread can be locked I found a solution.

Thanks everybody

I didnt know this was going to be my 200st post :P
first of all congratz and second of all i don't think 200st is the right spelling for 200th

Cannot unlock s2!
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG