The online racing simulator
Throttle Blipper for keyboard users
I used to love it in one of the old versions of the game where you could turn on throttle blipping. Unfortunately at some point in the revision history this was removed.

I'm just wondering if there is much interest for a proper "tool" to do this?

I've wrote one in C# and it's working like a dream It's so nice to bomb around in the LX4/Caterham and get nice automatic throttle blips. Especially nice under braking...

Let me know folks and I'll polish it up a bit and upload it somewhere...
Using 3rd party programs such as this to drive for you is widely considered cheating.

Considering how easy it is to blip with they keyboard, I don't know why you'd bother anyway.
I was only using it on a Cruise server for the testing.

It's almost impossible to blip under braking on the keyboard because you simply don't have enough fingers! I'm using standard WASD key config, I don't know if maybe a different layout would make it possible?
I'm more curious as to why you are a demo user, yet have access to licensed content.

And I'm with Degats on the cheating. It's a driving aid that you otherwise wouldn't have. If this is something you can't do, learn how to, use the mouse, or get a wheel. It was obviously removed for a reason
It's easiest with arrow keys, but still not too difficult with WASD.

Ring finger for A, Index finger for D, Middle finger for both W and S. I can press either W or S or both at the same time without moving my middle finger off the keys - only moving it to push down in a kind of rocking motion (like a rocker switch).

It's pretty straightforward for me and this is how I've always used arrow/WASD keys. Maybe I'm just weird
Quote from learjet45 :I'm more curious as to why you are a demo user, yet have access to licensed content.

That's a pretty good question, but a better question is was that a real S2 server or is something else going on. A hack2 server perhaps? Or does he have an S2 license and he is not using it. I hope ... that he gave the app to a friend and let them use it on a real S2 server. However, I think having another programmer in the community would be a good thing, licensed or not.
Eh? I am a licensed player - I think I've screwed up my forum account and possibly have signed up twice though. First time I've posted on here. Will investigate...

I'm not exactly feeling the love for this mod so I guess I'll shut up now
oof
RIP NathanE he was banned for the traction. Well at least I won't run up on people driving the F08 with TC when I get S3, I heard it hard to drive with a keyboard due to the instant torque and no TC, so it seems that would kill a lot of racing. Uhmm
One thing i dont understand is why BF1 doesnt blip throttle aggressively like real F1 cars do.
Quote from JJD99 :One thing i dont understand is why BF1 doesnt blip throttle aggressively like real F1 cars do.

It's a 15 year old F1 car at this point.
whatyearisit.gif

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG