The online racing simulator
G25 issue (wheel seasaws)
(15 posts, started )
have had this issue for awhile, when driving straight the wheel wants to seasaw left and right and doesnt stop in the center (like a real car would), i have to hold the wheel pretty firm to stop it from happening, its super annoying

it does it in both LFS and iracing tho it is alot worse in iracing because i run stronger FFB in it

anybody know how to fix this?
#2 - amp88
What force do you have set in LFS and what are your settings in Logitech Profiler? Does this happen with all cars and with all different setups?
Quote from amp88 :What force do you have set in LFS and what are your settings in Logitech Profiler? Does this happen with all cars and with all different setups?

force in LFS is set to 60, 115 in Logitech Profiler, does it with every car, even lowered the force in LFS and it didnt fix it
#4 - GX390
Lower the force in the profiler
Isn't 60 a bit high in LFS? I used 101>0>0 in profiler when I had my G25. Can't remember what I had in LFS, but I now use 20%, freaking strong FFB.
Quote from Bose321 :Isn't 60 a bit high in LFS? I used 101>0>0 in profiler when I had my G25. Can't remember what I had in LFS, but I now use 20%, freaking strong FFB.

Have you ever actually driven a car from the '80s or early '90s? Or a modern sports car for that matter? Your love for Fanatec will fade very quickly once you do
Quote from morpha :Have you ever actually driven a car from the '80s or early '90s? Or a modern sports car for that matter? Your love for Fanatec will fade very quickly once you do

Yes. No and nope.
#9 - dadge
Quote from Bose321 :Isn't 60 a bit high in LFS? I used 101>0>0 in profiler when I had my G25. Can't remember what I had in LFS, but I now use 20%, freaking strong FFB.

QFT
the seasawing is because your ffb is too high. as Bose said, change the settings in the windows config (logitech profiler) to 101-103%. everything else should be set to 0%. then in LFS use , and . to higher or lower the ffb whilst driving. my LFS ffb is 20%-30%
Quote from dadge :QFT
the seasawing is because your ffb is too high. as Bose said, change the settings in the windows config (logitech profiler) to 101-103%. everything else should be set to 0%. then in LFS use , and . to higher or lower the ffb whilst driving. my LFS ffb is 20%-30%

I used to use 105% in the profiler/windows setting whatever and 200% force in game and it didn't "see saw"...felt quite nice actually.
Quote from dadge :QFT
the seesawing is because your ffb is too high. as Bose said, change the settings in the windows config (logitech profiler) to 101-103%. everything else should be set to 0%. then in LFS us , and . to higher or lower the ffb whilst driving. my LFS ffb is 20%-30%

Well that's hardly realistic, not even modern small cars with stupidly light power steering (Fiat's CITY mode anyone?) steer that lightly.

100% in LFS, 100/0/0/0 720° or 900° in Profiler 5.08 (no linearity issues) is still not enough for my taste and I'm not that strong. I don't mean to provoke an argument or a debate of any kind, I'll just say that it's a percentage for a reason and even at 100%, no consumer wheel can even remotely reproduce the feedback you get from a real car, especially when you hit the kerb.

But hey, to each their own
Quote from morpha :Well that's hardly realistic, not even modern small cars with stupidly light power steering (Fiat's CITY mode anyone?) steer that lightly.

100% in LFS, 100/0/0/0 720° or 900° in Profiler 5.08 (no linearity issues) is still not enough for my taste and I'm not that strong. I don't mean to provoke an argument or a debate of any kind, I'll just say that it's a percentage for a reason and even at 100%, no consumer wheel can even remotely reproduce the feedback you get from a real car, especially when you hit the kerb.

But hey, to each their own

the settings i use are the most commonly used within the LFS community( except the rotation). i've used these settings on several wheels since 2004. i have never had a problem. i just don't want to brake my wrists when i hit a rumble strip. iirc, there was a problem with ffb within windows. setting it above 100% (101-103) meant that you got better ffb.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :I used to use 105% in the profiler/windows setting whatever and 200% force in game and it didn't "see saw"...felt quite nice actually.

when i put the ffb up full on both wheel and lfs, my wheel used to seasaw even when parked.
You have to tick enable centering spring but set the centering spring force to 0. In some (rare) cases it would see saw when parked but normally wouldn't...maybe 1/20 times it would see-saw.
Quote from dadge :the settings i use are the most commonly used within the LFS community( except the rotation).

How do you know?
Quote from dadge :i've used these settings on several wheels since 2004. i have never had a problem.

Good for you, but that doesn't mean you utilised the full potential of your wheel(s)'s hardware or LFS's FFB capabilities.
Quote from dadge :i just don't want to brake my wrists when i hit a rumble strip.

Understandable, I wouldn't entrust a piece of hardware I didn't design, controlled by a piece of software I didn't write, running on a machine made of components I didn't design (...) with the ability to cause physical injury to my body either, but your average consumer wheel is far from that.
Quote from dadge :iirc, there was a problem with ffb within windows. setting it above 100% (101-103) meant that you got better ffb.

The "above 100%" thing was a work-around around the linearity issues in earlier profiler versions, it's counter-productive as of 5.08 (or 5.04, don't know when they fixed it).

Crap... I'm arguing :chicken:

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG