The online racing simulator
"LFS Video Competitons" : [Suggestion]
(15 posts, started )

Poll : Do you want a "LFS Video Competition"?

Yes
No
Good evening LFS Forum,
FireMike here.

A short while ago, I was looking up the "LFS Photomode Competitions: Improvements & Suggestions" - Thread. I recognized some posts, which started myself to think about some other idea...

My Suggestion to start some very new competition here :
LFS VIDEO Competitions

Some of you are very good at Movieediting here, I saw great examples of them here. To switch the media-area a bit different I think :

Very first Round of the VideoComp :
- Feel free to make a Video to every theme you like.
- The length of the movie isn't given at that first round.
- Deadline will be set by me.

Next Rounds of the VideoComp :
- Every Winner which won the previous voting, is allowed to set the next realistical theme which the guys here have to make a movie about.
- The previous winner is allowed to give the realistic length of the video.
(Each length of the video you suggest to me, is going to have a appropriate interval of days/weeks/month to edit this Movie for this Competition which is determined by me! I know how long could take a 2min Video and a 10sec Video.)

Other Rules:
- The Winner of the previous voting isn't allowed to take part at his own created theme.

(Some more Rules, suggested by you could I post.)

In my opinion, I would say, no Video should be longer that 2 Minutes.
To show you that :

1sec-30sec : 1 Week
30sec-1min : 2 Weeks
More than 1min : 1 Month

Choosing themes will be great I think, the possibilities are much!

What do you mean?
I hope you like my idea.

Greetings.
FireMike.
Quote from FireMike15 :
I hope you like my idea.

Love it man! Maybe that'll motivate me in getting more experience with video editing. In either way I'm sure the contests will be rather interresting

Quote :In my opinion, I would say, no Video should be longer that 2 Minutes.
More than 2min : 1 Month

Don't you mean more than 1 minute there?
Yes please
i had the exact same idea, but it was frowned upon

but i will probably participate
Looking great sofar.
I check it tomorrow evening then, how that votings are standing.
If it's good, I'm going to make more thoughts about it.

Greetings.
Very good idea...it will make lazy people move their asses and produce some good movies Because imho recently there are very few new lfs movies coming up which certainly is not positive phenomen
How about you pull down this thread, and start the competition, i think its a definate yes
go 4 it !
No no no.. I know how long it takes to make quite professional videos.. You only need 2 weeks max, I mean, There isn't much editing/cropping/cutting/effecting you can do to 2 minutes of video.. A month is a bit too... What should I say... It's not the fact that it's to much, But it's just way to much time needed to make professional looking videos.

However, It's not my rules, But I'm just suggesting, Abit to generous.

Great idea, Might give me motivation.
19vs1 is voting for YES, so it's definitely a yes. I also voted for yes even though I don't make movies, but I do want to see what others will make.
And who knows, maybe I will try learning myself something at movie making and enter some theme just for fun.

TehPaws3D - Well, if you are good you can also make a professional 2min movie in 3 days if you work the whole time with small breaks, but that wasn't the point. The point was that not everyone has time to do a movie every day for a long time. Maybe someone has a job and gets free time only on weekends when he obviously wants to rest or party or do something else rather than movie editing, so in the end, not many people have so much time so 1 month is good IMO.

Quote from FireMike15 :What do you mean?

Say: What do you think? Not, what do you mean? Just noticed you make this mistake quite often so I decided to finally tell you that so that you know in future.
cool lets go for some short ones. I need to finetune my vegas skills anyways
Yes yes yes and YES. Im just starting new vid and it would be perfect for the first round.
31vs1.
That's exactly I wanted to hear.
I'm going to start the first one.

Andro - Thanks for your english lesson.
+1 BIG YES.
Would be cool to see here much more action in movie creation, so that's why i voted YES.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG