The online racing simulator
G25 FF weak around Center
(16 posts, started )
#1 - 2re
Yes I've searched And tried back and forth different suggestions, but I'm close to giving up here.
Oh and I know cars and setups changes FF.

Its only when I turn past 10-12-2 o'clock and a little beyond that the FF starts to kick in.
And after 9-3 o'clock FF comes on too strong, problem its quite strong even on the lowest FF in LFS 0%
My G25 works OK, nothing wrong with it as far as I know

Is there anyway to setup an smooth FF setting that you can feel all the way around, starting from center.

BTW. When the wheel is doing nothing other than being plugged in and resting at my desk.
It feels solid around center, In a good way I mean, no dead zone there.
This is how it should be in LFS, no monster FF dead zone around center.

Save my day and post that magic FF setup for the G25 and I'll send you a beer by snail mail

Thanks
#2 - 2re
Solved. Well its a lot better now.
When got back to the game I had no FF, so going in and out changing ff and more.
Suddenly it came back. I still have the same FF feeling as explained above, but its not so dead around center now.

Can't say I'm to happy with FF in LFS
The XRR feels like it got its wings from a 747. It works even from a stand still

Oh dear
#3 - dadge
is your wheel set up correctly?
in your windows control panel, your ffb needs to be over 100% (103% seems to be the trend). all dampers and spring settings go to 0%.
you then control the ffb with in the game. the shortcuts for ffb are , and . i use 25% ingame along with the above settings in my control panel.

EDIT: this should help: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/W ... tting_up_a_Logitech_Wheel
#4 - 2re
Thanks for helping but that's how its setup now.
I recommend you to press Shift+C in LFS. It will reinit the force feedback. Many times I feel that cars like the XRT have a soft direction while it should be a bit harder, and that solves it always.
#6 - 2re
Thanks for helping out Whiskey, Yes I know about the Shift-C reset. Tried it several times with no effect, but eventually it did.

I installed iRacing last night and it was very much the same story there.
I'm using Win7 x64 and I've got a a feeling this is somewhat driver related.
However I know that all Logitech wheels with 900 degree, starting with the LDFP had problems with a "dead spot" or weak forces around center.
I was hanging around the Wingman team site for a long time trying to find a solution and discussing it with he devs.
I seriously don't think they ever fixed it properly, just made the problem less obvious.
I believe they should rewrite the FF drivers for 900 wheels from scratch.
Try a regular FF with fixed rotation and the FF is smooth from the first cm left right.

Or maybe I'm just an old fart who doesn't know shit
Don't wanna sound like a fanboy again, but my experience is that the G25 always was quite dead in the center, in all games I've tried, a few degrees of center suddenly comes the FFB.
#8 - 2re
I had the Logitech profiler running in the background, and each game its own profile.
Turned it of and used control panel to set a permanent profile.
Suddenly it feels much better in iRacing and LFS

Oh and I also set the centering force to 0% The box was already unchecked.

Well I'm way more happy with FF today than I was last night.

Thank you all for helping
#9 - dadge
Quote from Bose321 :Don't wanna sound like a fanboy again, but my experience is that the G25 always was quite dead in the center, in all games I've tried, a few degrees of center suddenly comes the FFB.

most american cars are exactly like that so i would say the G25 is an accurate representation.
Quote from dadge :is your wheel set up correctly?
in your windows control panel, your ffb needs to be over 100% (103% seems to be the trend). all dampers and spring settings go to 0%.
you then control the ffb with in the game. the shortcuts for ffb are , and . i use 25% ingame along with the above settings in my control panel.

EDIT: this should help: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/W ... tting_up_a_Logitech_Wheel

Looking for the most realistic feel here of course. I thought logitech fixed this driver issue a while ago where we had to set 101% or so? Is this not the case? I've been using 100% in profiler for a long time now, since I thought it was fixed ~.~

Should I use 103%? I'll try it out for a few days, but any info on this would be appreciated.
i've always had my ffb @ 103%. 101% could do the very same job. 103 was the number i saw when i read up on the matter so that's the number i stuck with. works perfect for all other driving games too.
hello!
i've been using my g25 in iracing and initially there was a big dead zone in the middle but when u set the overall ff to 107% from locitech profiler it removed the dead zone completely.

now i was trying out the lfs and i have spent a lot of time to get the center dead zone eliminated... no success. its still loose in the middle (from 11 to 1 oclock) even when using all your recommendations. also the option remove deadzones (whatever it means) doesnt seem to do anything...

any help? this makes driving difficult...
it's not really a dead zone, it's just an area of reduced force feedback. try turning up FFB in LFS.
I noticed now too how low FFB is in that range, but a little different.

You know, I may be the dumbest Logitech wheel user. I will try to explain:

For about 2 years, I happily use a G25(Cough*I've got a G27 now ready to switch, but I'll make that secretly, because SFr 479.- is a lot of money*Cough).

Now when starting the laptop, the G25 always centers. When starting a game and entering a server, the wheel loses the last force and you can turn with one finger to the degree you set(For example 180° left, 180° right to the lock when it's set 360°).

The thing is: I always thought it was a calibration error. The wheel feeling so loose(No resistance against turning further)? Shaking and creaking a lot around the track, like it's going to break soon! The wheel turning violently as never before!

Thus, I re-plugged the wheel, in the belief it's wrong

BUT: Am I right that this is just the way the FFB works? Like for example you have oversteer to the left, hitting the grass, and the wheel simulates it by turing left too, so I have a hard time countersteering the car, right?

I dunno what to say. You may laugh at me now
oh god :chair: I think I'll do the opposite, and cry.
No, rather kick on me while I am down, I deserve it:chairs:

I need to adapt to it now, but I may aswell switch to the G27 in the meantime, it's hidden under my bureau.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG