The online racing simulator
When Tony Fernandez says this will secure the teams future hes correct as Proton will have no say at all in there destiny, hence why Proton are pissed off and going into a law suit that they can't win.
#27 - JCTK
Quote from Mustafur :Fact is if they don't have the rights to Team Lotus then that Lotus is completely different from anything Group Lotus is.

In other words, if i make a company called Team mumbo, if Group Mumbo tell me i can't do this they have no say as Group and team Mumbo are two completely different companys.

Team Lotus will therefore have nothing to do with Group Lotus or the Lotus cars brand and be a completely different identity.

As I said earlier, the laws ain't as simple as that.
Although I do believe the chances for Proton winning the case is pretty slim...

Sir Richard Branson (aka Virgin) also went around your country and did something similar to what Proton is planning to do, by sueing everyone with the name Virgin in their business name/identity, and failed pretty badly.
Quote from JCTK :As I said earlier, the laws ain't as simple as that.
Although I do believe the chances for Proton winning the case is pretty slim...

Sir Richard Branson (aka Virgin) also went around your country and did something similar to what Proton is planning to do, by sueing everyone with the name Virgin in their business name/identity, and failed pretty badly.

Source for Branson's mass sueing?
that probably explains why no ones seen a virgin round where i live for years
No virgin's around here either , he must have done an exceptional job ..
Quote from JCTK :Sir Richard Branson (aka Virgin) also went around your country and did something similar to what Proton is planning to do, by sueing everyone with the name Virgin in their business name/identity, and failed pretty badly.

Eh? You're the first person I heard that from.
#32 - JCTK
Quote from samjh :Eh? You're the first person I heard that from.

It was definitly in the news. Around the time when the Virgin airline entered into the Australian market. I did exaggerated it a bit through.

And law lecturers most certainly do like to use that as examples...
But why a malayshia team need "Lotus"? it is a team built by their govement to promote their contry, 1Maylashia F1 Team should be better
Quote from JCTK :And law lecturers most certainly do like to use that as examples...

None of my law courses have ever mentioned mass trademark-related legal actions by Virgin in Australia.

Virgin's Australian brands has been involved in noteworthy legal actions, but as a defendant, not as a plaintiff.
Quote from scania :But why a malayshia team need "Lotus"? it is a team built by their govement to promote their contry, 1Maylashia F1 Team should be better

Maybe they had a Disagreement with Proton(a Malaysian company) and found this was the best way to get at them.
#36 - JCTK
Quote from samjh :None of my law courses have ever mentioned mass trademark-related legal actions by Virgin in Australia.

Virgin's Australian brands has been involved in noteworthy legal actions, but as a defendant, not as a plaintiff.

oh shoot perhaps I remembered it the wrong way round... lol
Nitpicking I guess, but David Hunt's Brother James is a bit more than 'retired', having croaked in 1993.
Anyway, agree with the sentiments that what currently exists does not really deserve to be associated with such a historic team.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG