The online racing simulator
gear ratio for drag racing
(10 posts, started )
im interested in making a drag car out of one of the demo cars... i just dont know what to do tho. any help would be appreciated.
-shorten the gear ratio
-make it lower for more aero
-tweak tire pressures for traction

there's probably more that could be done, but that's a start.
#3 - AMB
Or you could just download a drag setup from the setupgrid.com/net/co.uk and then tweak it to go even faster
Does lowering it really increase aerodynamics? I'm not sure whether the ground effect is simulated in LFS, or if the drag of the underside of the vehicle is simulated.

EDIT: NVM, just went into LFS and on the downforce tab of the FOX, there are "Undertray" and "Body" downforce values. But they don't seem to be affected by ride height.
Ride height does not affect aerodynamics, But it does give a lower center of gravity, I guess that's good if your doing wheelies? I don't know..
ive done it!
i did some small editing, and with alot of hard work, got the car running 120 mph in 4th gear.... 3rd if i stretch it enough!
havent found anything with enough room for 5th gear yet.... wish i had a full membership ((
yeah... seeing as i just dropped $965 on tires for my truck.... lol
Quote from litefyre :yeah... seeing as i just dropped $965 on tires for my truck.... lol

just think, it's ~$50, and you don't have to buy tires or gas, or fix the dents or busted glass.
Quote from bunder9999 :just think, it's ~$50, and you don't have to buy tires or gas, or fix the dents or busted glass.

its not that... its i just bought this truck. its got alot of work to be done on it, and i cant afford anything else atm

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG