The online racing simulator
First Turn Crash?
(21 posts, started )
First Turn Crash?
i just got banned on [AA] Demo GTI server. so what happened was in the first turn i started to brake and somebody hit me from the back i started spinning into somebody and it sad that i caused yellow flag. and then they vote kicked me. i mean seriously? somebody crashes into me from behind and i caused yellow flag. That is just retarded. happened to me a few times already. Cant that be fixed?
Happens quite a lot on demo. You can't fix that. But you can always try to find a server without vote kick if it annoys you that much.

Doesn't happen at all on S2 fortunately.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
Doesn't happen at all on S2 fortunately.

You must be kidding...
Some time ago when i still played it online the thing happened all the time.
I've gotten banned only a few times because of the blind voting (One person start to vote and the other vote also even though they didnt see the anything)
But T1 masacre followed by insults and voting was a daily thing to see on the servers.
You start to brake at the correct point and someone ram in you from behind calling you a noob and accuse of braking too sudden and violent.
You start to slowing down a bit earlier to give person behind you time to prepare and he will ram into you stating you are noob drive too slow and brake too early.

The only way to avoid it is to look for a good server with admins and more or less civilized players.
But claiming that Demo racers are bunch of savages and S2 racers are full time gentleman is bullshit
Quote from Chupacabras84 :
The only way to avoid it is to look for a good server with admins and more or less civilized players.

Exactly.

TBH my opinion might be a bit biaised since I know straight away where to expect good(-ish) racing, so I don't spend much of my time on servers full of retards.

Anyway, not so many servers have vote kick unabled on S2 AFAIK.
It's not biased at all, You just must take into consideration (You can take it into consideration less on S2, But still you take it in consideration) That everyone behind you has little to no braincells (I'm thinking ... 12? *Hint Hint*) And will instantly call you a NOOB like it's you're fault they failed to notice the brake pedal has a purpose and isn't to be coated in neon, They lost a game in Counter-Strike, Or the fact that YOU BURNT THEIR PANCAKES!

So.. On topic, Once you get some more laps, Maybe around 500, You'll have seen the ways of people, And you will generally know what to expect, If you see someone diving for T1 like there is just no tomorrow, And is drafting you right off the Start/Finish, Then expect he doesn't give a damn if you're the paint scheme on the walls or not, Give those people room, Maybe move out of your line abit or let some people pass, It's better safe than sorry and if he creates a cloud of wreckage you can drive through like you own the place.
thats the only great demo server in my eyes. im absolute rubbish in the gti class, but its still a blast.

i thought that server diddnt have vote kick/ban?

anyways, what i always do almost every t1, and it works AMAZING; i drive as fast as i can as usual until the first corner, i go to the inside of the corner, brake very early, and crawl around it, being careful to not crash, or spin, then when you pass everyone on the outside (you always do :tilt you continue onto the rest of the race, and it usually works out PRIME!
My experience in AA servers was that I'd commonly like to start at the end of the grid because of that problem. Less with an XFG only race, but with XRGs in the grid, you have the random XRG crasher just because he can accelerate out of there faster. I don't consider myself a fast driver, but I usually end up at least third unless some faggot rams me from behind. The problems usually are caused in Lap 1, T1, chicane, and T2. Thereafter, it gets a bit better. But on the occasion, we do get very good drivers, and dogfighting with them is really fun. Just keep it calm, and make slowly squeeze the brakes. And if someone crashes you, quickly clear the track, and get back on track once everyone has passed. If anything, and you know the person who is crashing is a crasher, just say "[name]: Please don't crash" in a very calm way, and people should acknowledge that it isn't your problem.

EDIT: Usually, you can pass at least 3 or 4 people if it is a full grid, and you are at the back because they end up f*cking each other from behind xD.
Quote from logitekg25 :

anyways, what i always do almost every t1, and it works AMAZING; i drive as fast as i can as usual until the first corner, i go to the inside of the corner, brake very early, and crawl around it, being careful to not crash, or spin, then when you pass everyone on the outside (you always do :tilt you continue onto the rest of the race, and it usually works out PRIME!

You're the problem! You don't make the maddest dash to break early, People behind you don't brake early, They follow the racing line, If you brake early you're wearing a sign that says KICK ME, In large font,
Most likely this one.
Doing that really really isn't advised, Everyone goes to the inside, As everyone wants to be first out of the apex, With your braking early, Someone could attempt to over take you, Which ends up in a small spin, Which ends up in a clusterfu-- Unless you brake early but brake less than the guys that smash the pedal through the floor. What if you start at the back though, then what happens?

no i brake gently early and everyone is on the outside

dont hurt me :scared:
Quote from logitekg25 :no i brake gently early and everyone is on the outside

dont hurt me :scared:

That's not what I meant.

http://img90.imageshack.us/f/logitechturning.png/

You are red, other cars are blue, Now if you take into account that some (I said SOME, Before people flame me!) Do not use those reflective things on the side of the car, Meaning you're gonna get pit maneuvered or cause a domino effect from people braking.

And I'll hurt you boy.. It'll feel goooood~ xD :P

Edit: LOL At the videos
Quote from ChiliFan :this is completely true you never get turn one crashes in s2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awtXxY0nKSo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhxK1Vun8gw

Next time please don't stick on the thread's title.

Quote from Twinin6s :i just got banned on [AA] Demo GTI server. so what happened was in the first turn i started to brake and somebody hit me from the back i started spinning into somebody and it sad that i caused yellow flag. and then they vote kicked me. i mean seriously? somebody crashes into me from behind and i caused yellow flag. That is just retarded. happened to me a few times already. Cant that be fixed?

The guy doesn't seem to be complaining about T1 crashes in general but the fact of being votekicked after being crashed at T1.
well its hard to tell from that picture

but i go slow, like i can stop if i wanted in like a few yards..and also i stick to one side, like say in blackwood's t1.. i take the inside of t1, most of my car off the track anyways, then i dont get the inside of the chicane, i get the outside, and if there is nobody near me, then i get into the line

i have yet to crash anybody even if by accident on blackwood, cause the slower car always gets out in t1
Start from the back every race. You'll pass half the field in T1.
i just slow down before the T1 and let most of the people pass me and when they crash i just pass them besides the crash like doo doo da di lalala
Hi all,

I've been playing online for a while, but I'm a bit on the slow side, so I do get a bit worried about getting in the way, especially in turn 1 at BL1.

Sometimes, I think it's on the AA servers, I find myself at the front of the grid and I don't want to cause a pile-up.

How do you make sure you start at the back of the grid each time?

Cheers,

Neal
Quote from nealo :Hi all,

I've been playing online for a while, but I'm a bit on the slow side, so I do get a bit worried about getting in the way, especially in turn 1 at BL1.

Sometimes, I think it's on the AA servers, I find myself at the front of the grid and I don't want to cause a pile-up.

How do you make sure you start at the back of the grid each time?

Cheers,

Neal

You should never want to start at the back of the grid, You should at least always want 2nd or 3rd in a grid lineup, You've done more laps on BL1 than every car and track I've raced combined, But if starting at the back is a true must, Rev your engine to about 4400 RPM, And aim for the middle of the grid, And put your hazards on, people usually slowly drift to the outside of the track, Then quickly to the inside for the hairpin and chicane, But, If starting at the back to avoid a crash is top priority, Maybe you should focus on how to get through the turns fastest, So you can avoid it if you start, Just a idea.
Fair comment!
I just sometimes seem to end up with a few 'aliens' behind me and they don't tend to be very forgiving if they get held up - you know, the 1:33.xx brigade!
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Start from the back every race. You'll pass half the field in T1.

A curious thing for BL1 in demo servers, is that if you are slow (1:34, 1:35) , is better to start at back of grid or 5th position because everyone (including S2 users when they come to a demo server) goes wide or crash, and you can easily go to the lead...
thanks for your replays guys. i got over it anyways. i played on AA servers a few times since then and didn't have any problems. there were a few crashes but no kicks or bans. usually people on AA servers are nice and try to avoid crashes, but sometimes some morons come too fast in first turn and then blames me from braking. got some more experience with crashes and how to avoid them so that helps also.

First Turn Crash?
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG