The online racing simulator
Questions from a new LFS2 user
(8 posts, started )
I am new to LFS2 and am loving it. I have a few questions.

1. Is there anyway to alter a setup without saving it as a new file.When you leave the setup screen are the changes always permanent to the setup?

2. I don't quite understand the replay system, is in inactive in practice mode? I can get replays in single mode races but not in practice sessions.

3. Is there a limit to lowering ride height, how do you tell if the car is bottoming out? (BF1 cars)

Thanks Steve P
1. I think they stay intill you change car, then it reverts back to default. Whats so hard about saving? :S

2. If you jump to pits it stops the replay. Just make sure you restart the race.

3. Unsure if theres a limit, but wouldn't you hear it? Ive always used other peoples sets so not too clued up on this.

fd
#3 - Lible
1. No, there is now way. But you can always make a TEST setup.

3. Ofcourse there is a limit what you can't go lower... When the car is bottoming, you can hear it and feel it.
Quote from sparadise :
3. Is there a limit to lowering ride height, how do you tell if the car is bottoming out? (BF1 cars)

Thanks Steve P

Hellos,

When the car is bottoming out it starts shaking like crazy. If u drive in car then soon ur eyes will start to complain...
Ride height telemetry
I did a brainfart on the ride height question...I really meant is their telemetry to determine how close you are to bottoming out so you can get the car as low as possible. Thanks
1: Any change you make to a setup will remain changed except, I think, to the default ones. But tbh you'll want to make new sets for the different tracks as they all have there own requirements. You'll be changing things for one track that'll mess you up for another so I would reccormend giving yourself a new setup for each track you race.

2: Dunno.

3: You can dwnload some tools that help you with setting up if you want to get into the minutae of it all. Have a look around the forum, you'll soon find what you need. But if you just fancy getting a basic feel for stuff then the game will give you feedback. If you find yourself loosing it in corners or over rough sections then you could be bottoming out either on the road or on the suspension end stops. Just play with the settings untill you find out what they do. Reading the manuals are good for giving you the indicators to watch out for and the reaction you should take with them . . .
#7 - bal00
3. Press F to display the forces and use the chase view to see all four wheels. When the vertical bars over the wheels turn red, they're bottoming out.
2. Get into options and check if you have Single Player Replay Save in Game options. Then when you want a replay to be saved just use the "1" and "2" buttons from the left side of the keyboard.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG