The online racing simulator
LFSCART 2010 Round 8: Race Discussion
Discuss !

Quote from http://lfsmanual.net :Short: AS3R
Length: 5.6 km / 3.5 miles
Most popular track configuration in Aston. You will probably find racers driving on this track all the time. Again, overtaking is really easy here. Despite the very slow turns in the middle of the track, this configuration is very fast. Most drivers prefer a GTR on this one. [deko addition: But we're using FOX and FO8 here so HA HA ]

Raceday is Saturday, 7 August 2010. All times are UTC. You may convert them to your local timezone with the help of the Time Zone Converter

17:40 15 Minute Free Practice
18:00 Qualifying 1 for 10 Minutes
18:15 Qualifying 2 for 10 Minutes
18:30 Superpole
18:45 Race - 44 Laps (+1 formation lap). Standing Start. 2 hour time limit. Compulsory pitstop, all tyre change between leader lap 11 and 33 (LFS 12 and 34).

Final pitstall is still reserved for whoever drives Car #58.

Qualifying Group 1 (24):
3, 9, 13, 16, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 28, 32, 36, 40, 41, 52, 54, 58, 59, 60, 61, 71, 88, 92, 95

Qualifying Group 2 (23):
4, 6, 8, 17, 18, 31, 33, 34, 38, 42, 43, 51, 53, 56, 57, 62, 67, 69, 79, 82, 90, 91, 99

Car numbers not listed have not yet participated in the championship. Drivers using those numbers will be sorted into a session on race day.
#2 - Seb66
Again, I will not be able to make this race
LFSCART Combined Nation's Cup Rankings:
GBR 642
DEU 602
USA 448
FIN 442
FRA 338
CZE 337
CAN 213
NLD 172
BEL 172
BRA 124
POL 117
LTU 116
NOR 115
DNK 105
TUR 52
TWN 50
PRT 43
CHE 34
HUN 34
AUS 13
SVK 10
EST 2
Usa! Usa! Usa!

Im just hoping server will be fine this time :doh:
I'm having computer problems so I can't race tonight, good luck everyone
I'm really not looking forward to this one.
PB = 1:33.6 with only two laps, so I then fail in quali. Oh well, looking ahead!
#9 - CSF
Quote from SCA-F1 :PB = 1:33.6 with only two laps, so I then fail in quali. Oh well, looking ahead!

Lol, I missed my pb whit 0.7 seconds
Any way we can get remote working?
Quote from jasonmatthews :Any way we can get remote working?

Afraid not. This is a server nicked thanks to Kev Myers, and he's not online that I see now, so I can't get him to reactivate it.

I was a plonker and left the server off too long when I was doing the swap around.
Today my internet decided i have driven enough (10 laps in 1 week), so here i am. \:|/
did nice fail at last turn after 1 lap and then lost concentration and so on

btw i am looking new team if intrested pm me here
Great advertising there.
Can we get a clearer SC rule? I just followed what nearly everyone did last race during the 2nd SC and kept my pace reasonably quick on the way to the pits. Normally not out of place, but it seems Phil approximated the 140 km/h SC speed which meant that I went flying off into the distance. All I wanted was to protect the gap I was building in the pit rotation and come out around my rightful 3rd, and operated under the assumption that it would be like prior races. It's a sticky situation though considering there just had to be about 5-6 seconds variance for me to come out in the lead.
Yea a clearer SC rule would be nice IMO too
Sorry to Cattell. With those tire temps I definately didn't have the grip to make it stick on your inside. It's my job to know the level of grip I have before commiting to a line and I failed at it. I felt really bad seeing you go off. I hope I'll have the chance to make it up to you in any future race.

About the SC I took a speed I thought was reasonable. If it helped my team mate then so be it. When it comes to SC there will always be some who lose and some who gain no matter how clear the rule is.

What should I do? Check out the map and make sure I match Corey's pace to be certain this SC is "fair" and he gets his rightful 3rd? Not gonna happen. I'd watch replays of all the SCs there has been in this series and I'd find plenty of cases where someone gains or loses because of unmatched paces getting to the SC.
Quote from rcpilot :Can we get a clearer SC rule? I just followed what nearly everyone did last race during the 2nd SC and kept my pace reasonably quick on the way to the pits. Normally not out of place, but it seems Phil approximated the 140 km/h SC speed which meant that I went flying off into the distance. All I wanted was to protect the gap I was building in the pit rotation and come out around my rightful 3rd, and operated under the assumption that it would be like prior races. It's a sticky situation though considering there just had to be about 5-6 seconds variance for me to come out in the lead.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Yea a clearer SC rule would be nice IMO too

I think it is pretty clear. I've always went flat out to the pits when SC is out. That's what they used to do in F1 too. F1 a few years ago is sort of where I think what Thilo wanted the ruleset to follow in terms of racing etiquette.

They also used to penalise you if you lagged back to help your teammate.
The rule as it's written in the NDR rulebook simply says to gradually/gently slow to SC pace behind the SC.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The rule as it's written in the NDR rulebook simply says to gradually/gently slow to SC pace behind the SC.

Which is what phil did, nice tactics
CoRe showing Red Bull how it's done?
Just out of curiosity, why am I listed in that protest?

Also please note that the CoRe drivers had no ventrilo/TS communication during this race. Thanks!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Just out of curiosity, why am I listed in that protest?

I simply listed all cars located in the Phil train during lap 30.

BTW,

Quote from dekojester :
Discussions about protests should take place in the race discussion thread. Any discussions here will be deleted.

Whoops, sorry about that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG