The online racing simulator
Missing graphics elements?
(15 posts, started )
I previously had a nVidia 9800GT, but that died, so I got myself a ATI HD5770. I was happy with it, then I opened LFS. A lot of graphic elements are missing, or invisible. Text is also blurry for some reason. Does any one know why this is happening?

Could it be the settings in Catalyst Control Centre? If so, can someone kindly hint at the settings that make this happen?

Thanks!

EDIT: Did not mess with the LFS folder!
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
222.2 FPS holy cwap. did you try changing your settings ingame ?
I'm getting some bits and pieces back, but it's still missing a lot of detail. (Everything I know about computers points to VSync as a spawn of hell.)
Attached images
Untitled2.jpg
You're saying that vSync is basically a bad thing? If yes ... no, no vSync is bad. Turn on that damn vsync because that 200fps u got right now, ur just stressing ur gpu with it, there's no point doing that. Limit it to your monitor refresh rate and *bam*.

About the other thing, maybe try to mess around with level of detail (LOD) settings? Not sure, i havnt seen such issue myself yet, maybe devs should throw a few smart lines here.
These things...
Attached images
CCC.JPG
Options - graphics.JPG
Quote from hazaky :You're saying that vSync is basically a bad thing? If yes ... no, no vSync is bad.

VSync is useful only when you're sure that the game's FPS will stay above or below your screen's refresh rate all the time. If the framerate is jerking around the refresh rate, it can and WILL cause very sudden drops in FPS, so it's up to everyone if the lack of image tearing is worth very jerky framerate (unless LFS uses triple buffering, but I doubt about it). I personally find limiting FPS to a certain value a better option.
Quote from matijapkc :These things...

These options are how I have my LFS set up currently. Tip to you: put the mip maps closer to 0, it will make your game look better. (They aren't the problem either, I tried resetting those values to 1,2,3,4 respectively.)
Quote from gremwood :I'm getting some bits and pieces back, but it's still missing a lot of detail. (Everything I know about computers points to VSync as a spawn of hell.)

Well that in itself looks loads better than mine!

As for the blurry writing, try adjusting the mip bias in the graphics menu of LFS, the text/interface slider is the one you need, moving it left should sharpen things up.
Quote from gremwood :Tip to you: put the mip maps closer to 0, it will make your game look better. (They aren't the problem either, I tried resetting those values to 1,2,3,4 respectively.)

Looks better this way here.
the farther to the left is best? or closest to zero? (for the bit map)
what exactly is the number?
From what I have heard lowering mip bias will cause lower resolution textures to be used in greater distance. Lowering mip bias will of course improve image quality a bit, but if you set it to too low value, textures might flicker, shimmer etc. You might be better off leaving it at 0 and using some AF instead... I'm just quoting what I've looked up on the net, but it kind of makes sense...

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG