The online racing simulator
Urgent help needed !!
(6 posts, started )
Urgent help needed !!
Hey guys,

desperately need some help here.

I have scheduled a 900 lap enduro race on one of my DUI servers..
$100 USD Prize money !!!

General rule is that the server will be open for 48 hours..

You dont have to be the first to finish just the fastest within that 48 hours..

Race starts in around 1 hour and i have come across a major hurdle..

If i set 900 Laps for the race i cant see everyone's overall race time..
Cant set qualify for 48 hours which is what my plan was..

HELP !! PLEASE..

using Airio btw !!!
What about setting the server to practice, ask everyone to spectate once they've done their 900 laps, close the server after 48 hours and calculate everyone's race time manually from the server replay's timecodes?
I did think of that but the thing is what if 'RACER' joins spectates for 10mins then starts ??

i have found a temp solution but it aint great..

i have set race to 990 laps..

once 'RACER' completes 900 laps, take screenshot and send to me.. they then stop and disconnect..
This way the race will never finish so overall times will be in their screenshot and not on the board, which will resolve the 'RACERB' finished +200 laps for example..
Quote from Scotchy :once 'RACER' completes 900 laps, take screenshot and send to me.. they then stop and disconnect..

What about photoshop?

Maybe the solution is, look laps driven amount and after the race, see if there is +900. In lfsworld.
Quote from Scotchy :I did think of that but the thing is what if 'RACER' joins spectates for 10mins then starts ??

Check timecode of when he joins the track, and then timecode of when he finishes the 900 laps. Then do (finish timecode)-(start timecode).

Unless I'm missing something?
is more than 24 hours even possible? I dunno but I remember the mandatory 24h disconnect you get on a ADSL line at least.

Urgent help needed !!
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG