The online racing simulator
Tesla Roadster owner talks smack using vanity plate :D
Americans...
#3 - 5haz
In that shot you can't see the enourmous clouds of smug coming out the back. :rolleyes:

Also, where does this guy think his electricity comes from?
Quote from 5haz :In that shot you can't see the enourmous clouds of smug coming out the back. :rolleyes:

Also, where does this guy think his electricity comes from?

windmill, sea, sun???
Quote from 5haz :Also, where does this guy think his electricity comes from?

From the wall, durrr!
#6 - J@tko
#8 - 5haz
Lol at the MPG and oil plate, maybe the guy should get a plate which says ''oil free".
Quote from 5haz :Not oil, but not clean enough to be very smug about.

Oil, gas, coal, fission?

The generation of fuel by fission doesn't actually release any greenhouse gases (that's the actual generation of it, everything else in the plant does).
#11 - 5haz
Quote from Wilko868 :The generation of fuel by fission doesn't actually release any greenhouse gases (that's the actual generation of it, everything else in the plant does).

Yeah I know, just listing other forms of power generation. Fission of course also generates very dangerous waste that has to be kept contained for decades even centuries, and so it is by all accounts a right pain in the arse.
Quote from 5haz :Yeah I know, just listing other forms of power generation. Fission of course also generates very dangerous waste that has to be kept contained for decades even centuries, and so it is by all accounts a right pain in the arse.

Yes, but who in their right minds cares about that bit?
The difference being that the electricity produced by power plants will only get cleaner as the tech improves, whereas an internal combustion engine only gets dirtier over time
Quote from 5haz :Not oil, but not clean enough to be very smug about.

except that as you size up power production efficiency increases massively over the abysmal efficiency of a car engine (especially an american car engine)
#15 - 5haz
I'm not going to argue that its not more efficient, but its still not zero emissions and quite often some oil has to be burned of course.
you never know if a guy has a windmill for electricity at home (i actually know a person who has one)
what kind of lubrication does a tesla use? or is it lubricated by a polar bear friendly substance?
could be...
#19 - 5haz
Quote from Wilko868 :Yes, but who in their right minds cares about that bit?

Probrably the poor person who has it stored in their back yard. :/

Out of sight, out of mind, just like the smug git filling his electric car from the wall socket can't see the huge coal fired power station over the horizon pumping out invisible harmful gasses.
This picture is very nice and stuff, but i think it belongs here.
Quote from kirmy :what kind of lubrication does a tesla use? or is it lubricated by a polar bear friendly substance?

It uses crushed baby pandas and dolphins.
saw a tesla last weekend at the pageant of power, very impressive ( until it goes flat) but obviously not a zero emmisions device unless you can guarentee where your electicity is coming from

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG