bug mirror
(9 posts, started )
bug mirror
Hello,

here is what path

We track behind the car and not left, this is not realistic

I would like to see it

The best would be to put the mirrors adjustable
I agree with you, side mirrors should be adjustable, because in current situation not everyone sees in them so much as would like to see.

Also should be possible to turn off optimization for side mirrors, because in current situation in side mirrors do not see body of own car, this may cause frequent collisions caused by little experienced drivers.
Attached images
Mirrors.jpg
The problem with mirrors in LFS is that they aren't actually mirrors. It's just one rear facing view that is properly cropped and scaled to look like a mirror image. The reason for this is obvious; if LFS were to have realistic mirrors, it would have to calculate four viewports instead of two and that would cause considerable impact on the framerate.
Exactly, if you e.g. look at the wing mirror from an obligue angle (from the side), it still shows the same image, which is not realistic either. However, it would be quite difficult to develop such realistic mirrors. I'd only like to have the car reflected there.
Thanks for posting this, you explained it very good with the screenshots.
I've been racing in LFS for a few years now and this is really the most important 'bug' that has to be fixed. (for me)
With some friends I'm practicing every week now and we are racing very close to each other. When passing someone, we look in our mirrors to see if we have passed the other car already so we can go back in front of him. But then sometimes we hit each other when placing the car in front of the one you just passed. In the mirror you can see that there is enough room to go back in front of him, but in fact you just can't..
I don't know if there is something wrong with the distance you see in the mirror, but like the screenshots in this topic show you: the angle of the mirrors is not right.
This is very annoying and I would love to see this fixed. For this great simulation game we just need real functioning mirrors..

I'm sure the devs will agree with this and I really hope they will rebuild the working of the mirrors.

Hope to see this fixed in the near future!

Regards,
Tim
Quote from adamshl :I agree with you, side mirrors should be adjustable, because in current situation not everyone sees in them so much as would like to see.

Also should be possible to turn off optimization for side mirrors, because in current situation in side mirrors do not see body of own car, this may cause frequent collisions caused by little experienced drivers.

lol
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.
Quote from rpm-powered :lol

I see that you are not a driver IRL and you do not know how important are mirrors in car, especially when overtaking in the conditions of racing on the track.

bug mirror
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG