The online racing simulator
Tiger Express Motorsports
(194 posts, started )
If you remember the thread "Announcing Tiger Express Motorsports", it's been a while since we last posted there. And as we now decided to start promoting ourselves here on forums again, I have started this thread for this reason.

2010 Kyoto 500: Build-Up

The 3rd annual New Dimension Racing Kyoto 500 will take part in less than 48 hours. The race will be 270 laps long (including 5 pace laps) at Kyoto Oval (KY1).

Tiger Express will be the 2nd most representated team (being Fragmasters, tieing with Epic Racing) with 5 cars, all driven by Kyoto 500 rookies. They will represent 1/6 of the field.

Michal Saidl created the sensation in qualifying, after taking the 2nd position, with an average time of 36.3925, 0.0025 behind the pole sitter, Dan Sanger. “I did 3 times 36.96, but made a mistake in the last lap which resulted in ‘only’ 36.97. This is how I lost the pole :/.” said Mike.Nevertheless, he still is the best qualified rookie for this edition.

Vince Verstreken follows in 7th position, Dominik Engel is 12th, Yann Laprevotte 17th. Niko Puntola qualified 24th but has to withdraw due to personnal reasons, allowing Lims Chebbi (31th) to integrate the last row.

The race will start at 16:45 GMT on Saturday, June, 26th 2010, and should be approximately 3 hours and 20 minutes long. It will be broadcasted live on MultiBC.

This post @ tigerexpress.net
#3 - CSF
Mike, you should have said that you made the error on purpose as you are aware the pole sitter in the 500 has never started the race.
Quote from Drift King CZ :The race will be 270 laps long (including 5 pace laps)

No.

The race official distance is 268 laps, the first two laps are pace laps.
Quote from dekojester :No.

Still enough to tilt my neck :|
Quote from dekojester :No.

Yann wrote that, don't blame me .
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
Quote from SCA-F1 :Woah :eye-poppi Good job on the second place, Mike.

And good luck to Tiger Express in the 500. (except Dom :|)

:|
#10 - CSF
agree with csf :|
:|
... oh wrong button i evidently meant :|
Let's do the 500 shite tonight! \o/
m£h :|
You were my pick to win Saidl... Tough break.
I'm happy to announce that TEM survived the NDR oval month! More or less that is :|
Quote from BigTime :You were my pick to win Saidl... Tough break.

Thanks for believing in me . Planned to make only 1 pit-stop and we had a few SCs which helped us to save fuel, but there were quite long green flag periods, so I was getting worried and rather took the chance when I could and made the pit-stop earlier. Then time out around lap 170 or so...
Well, I think I should drive next rounds in LFSCART and LLSS. Im so addickted to open wheelars
Quote from manneF1 :Well, I think I should drive next rounds in LFSCART and LLSS. Im so addickted to open wheelars

Well, I think I should 100% prefer real-life since now. Like for example there was a 'session' on Friday and I didn't go because of LLSS.

Same goes for 3rd July when it's IGTC. There's a 24h go-kart race and that's also the reason why Radek from Inferno can't drive with me. Well, as I decided rather to do IGTC before, I can't just change my mind now when all the teams are ready and stuff...

Really meh.
Bump and Jump Revival Cup Spring 2010: Season Review
Bump and Jump Revival Cup Spring 2010: Season Review

The second ever season of the Bump and Jump Revival Cup has ended a few days ago. It featured many changes – Tiger Express Events took over the organisation after iCON Racing’s collapse, and a 2 divisions system. If Renesis dominated the first season with Joachim Souaï and Damien Jourdainne, the second season would be overpowered by the Irish Foireann Na hÉireann team (litterally Team Ireland in Gaelic) composed of Ministery of Speed’s manager Andy O’Brien and Niall Murray, the brother of the real life Seat Eurocup driver, Eoin. Both drivers took 1st and 2nd in both divisions.

Foireann Na hÉireann left no chance to their rivals: with 14 victories out of 18 races in Division A and 11 victories out of 18 in Division B. Both drivers were supposed for both titles in the last round, but Niall Murray couldn’t attend it, and therefore Andy O’Brien was crowned champion of Division A and B. Niall kept his 2nd place in both divisions in the end nevertheless.

In fact, the podium was almost exactly the same in both divisions, as Tiger Express’ manager Yann Laprevotte would take 3rd in Division B, but would get beaten by his teammate Lims Chebbi in Division A by only one point. The latter, who already won the Rookie Trophy in Fall 2009, has proven once again his consistance, with 12 podiums in 18 races (including 10 3rd places).

Tiger Express got 2nd in both divisions in the teams’ championship,in front of Üllar Mikk’s Race Sim Radicals in Division A, while in Division B they would get in front of 1-Click-LFS. Luke Marchant and Chris Palmer, its two drivers, impressed a lot with their enthousiasm, and managed to pull decent performances despite their small experience with Bump and Jump.

It was a mistake to introduce a second division” said Tiger Express Events‘ manager Yann Laprevotte. “We can see in the end that the ballast given to experienced drivers in Division B had very little effect on the results, while the point of Division B was to see new people getting on top. We’ve seen good and bad stuff during this season, but in the end we proved that it is still possible to have fun on Autocross layouts in good conditions if the drivers have a friendly and courteous attitude, like we had at PitOfDespair. I hope we will have this attitude for the whole third season, which should come in Autumn 2010.This post @ tigerexpress.net
that was a blast, let's do it again!
The last round was REALLY spectacular. Maybe a little dissapoiting for some of the drivers who had hard air contact in the cross jump, but otherwise it was fun watching it. Would deserve a broadcast IMO, but as we know, the TV Director doesn't work properly there. Actually, there's an application made by FireFox86 which might work, but I can't get it running. Seems like it's unstable as it fails on my both so called computers.
Yay way to go nightfly.
International XF GTi Championship Spring 2010: Season Review

A few days ago ended the second ever season of the International XF GTi Championship. The league was created back in October 2009 by Ministry Of Speed's Andy O'Brien. The season was eventful, but it would see a consequent change at half-way point: Andy would pull out of the management side of the league, and would be remplaced by Yann Laprevotte. Finally the inaugural season would be taken by F1RST Racing's Tommy Ostgaard, in front of James Peace and 4 Stroke Racing's Kristaps Dzelzgalvis.

The second season would be held by Tiger Express Events. It would also see some changes: the lenght of both sprint and feature races would be increased, the point system would be changed a bit(with more points given to the top positions), and a larger variety of tracks, with an oval and a rallycross round. Despite these changes, the league would be dominated by the same man: Tommy Ostgaard, who switched to the brand new ineX Racing team not so long before the season. The Norvegian would claim every single race he would take part in, except Round 4 Race 2, won by [STO]'s Didzis Nackalns.

The 2 final podium positions would be taken by Kristaps Dzelzgalvis(who finished 3rd in the inaugural season) and his teammate at [STO], Didzis Nackalns. Nevertheless, Tommy's main rival at the championship was TH1RDid's Joe Holmes. He even had a very tiny chance to take the championship before the final round at Fern Bay Gold, but unfortunately, technical problems would prevent him from defending his chances there. He only finishes in 4th place at the championship, in front of Deadline's Jonas Bakšys and White Tiger Express Motorsports' Dominik Engel.

The team championship was taken by [STO]. The Latvian team would never be challenged during the season, mainly due to the fact that Tommy Ostgaard's ineX Racing could only fill a car. TH1RDid(with F1RST's Joe Holmes and My3id's Reno Kôöts) gets 3rd.

Drivers quotes:

Tommy Ostgaard(Champion, 9 wins, 10 podiums, 5 poles): "I am very happy with my overall performance this season, managing to defend the title! The season has just went perfect for me, being on the podium in every race! I have had some nice fights during the season, as this league provides some extreme close racing. Thanks to the admin for the good job, and to all attending drivers! Congratulations to the podium"

Kristaps Dzelzgalvis(Runner-Up, 6 podiums): "A very good season for me, the goal was top 3, which succeeded, I am happy for my teammate who made his debut in this championship and even more delighted for the team which won an overwhelming victory. I'm now looking forward to next season"

Didzis Nackalns(3rd place runner, 1 win, 4 podiums): "Well this was my first season in this championship and it was great although FWD cars are not my specialty. There was some great driving out there. Best fights were with T. Østgaard in rallycross stage where I took the win in the feature race. Grats to the podium, especially K. Dzelzgalvis, and to STO which won the Team Championship. Hope to see you in next season!"

(194 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG