The online racing simulator
Instant Course (random course generation)
How about instant track or road course like "Instant dungeon" in mmorpg or Diablo series?
If it possible in multiplay, it will be great & unique feature of LFS.
(Forgive my poor English.)
That would be very hard because the dev's would have to program it, also the textures would probably be terrible.
#3 - Danke
A whole new track environment would be very difficult to implement, but random auto-x tracks might be possible. Somebody might be able to whip up a program that creates drivable auto-x track files. I'd like to see it.
#4 - hp999
Well, I'm sure it'll work on autocross, but for tracks... nah. If somebody writes a program for autocross courses, I imagine it remembering the wideness of the track, otherwise it'll be like the track is meant for LX6's, but it's as wide as an MRT.
This could actually work for Touge courses. It would look rubbish though - this is not really for lfs...
Quote from Nadeo4441 :This could actually work for Touge courses. It would look rubbish though - this is not really for lfs...

Racing on tracks no-one has raced on before certainly will make it more interesting for "casual" racers who don't spend as much time practising on specific tracks. It's a nice idea, however, I agree that LFS is not the sim for this.
Sorry to bump this month old (well, almost) thread, however programmatically generating a random course would be excellent for rally stages. Throw pace notes in, and you have a different stage each time, so it doesn't have the fatigue most rally games have when you've done all the stages.

This is probably outside the focus of LFS though. But I'd still like to see it.
I'd like to see a tunnel version of this.
No need for textures apart from the walls.

Imagine...

32 players flat out through a 2-6 lane tunnel.

Or even custom design with a track building mode, up hill/down hill, various corners and straights.

Design can be as simple as building a roller coaster in roller coaster tycoon

Edit : can call them fun maps, add some loops as well
Doesn't have to be a tunnel either, a simple Grass plain say 10x10km as a base and elevated road that can be built ontop letting your imagination do the rest
A bunch of tracks where every single corner is identical? No thanks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG