The online racing simulator
Aerodynamics - are they directional yet??
Anyone got the ability to run some sort of test with output data and see if the downwards force on the tyres decreases when you send the bf1 into a big smoking sideways slide? Or have the devs said anything related to this? I'm just wondering as it kind of feels like downforce stays constant no matter which way the car faces to the direction of travel.
Yep, they're directional. I just threw the BF1 into a smoking spin at speed and watched the replay with forces. The downforce goes to zero at a 90° slide.
should have thought of forces view! Ok. Well that's kind of good to know it's implemented, but leaves me wondering why it doesn't spin as easy once out of shape as real f1's
#4 - herki
sadly you can't get the bf1 to fly if you do a 180° turn at 200km/h
at least i didn't manage to do so.
Its good to know that they are directional.

herki - Just put a red autocross barrier in the middle of the track, ull soon fly lol
Quote from herki :sadly you can't get the bf1 to fly if you do a 180° turn at 200km/h

i guess that we still dont have any lift with the new aero model so aero forces are always pointing down (havent checked with forces view yet) which should also be the reson why the old high nose setups dont send you up in the air
#7 - ajp71
Quote from herki :sadly you can't get the bf1 to fly if you do a 180° turn at 200km/h

Remember do that in N2003, had to be about 215 mph before that huge lump of scrap iron would flip over backwards. But the F1 car is lighter and has a lot more downforce
I have never seen a F1 car take off when going into a spin. The only times I saw them take off was due to contact.

Please dont compare stock car behaviour like in NASCAR with F1 behaviour.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG