The online racing simulator
Blocking audio ads in web sites
(7 posts, started )
So there is this new trend on some sites that after some time browsing they start playing this incredibly annoying advert about one guy talking to a lift about market positions and faster delivery processes and other stupid crap.

I've been hearing it for several days now and havent found a way to block it without muting my own winamp audio stream, so any ideas?
Quote from BurnOut69 :So there is this new trend on some sites that after some time browsing they start playing this incredibly annoying advert about one guy talking to a lift about market positions and faster delivery processes and other stupid crap.

I've been hearing it for several days now and havent found a way to block it without muting my own winamp audio stream, so any ideas?

I use this ad blocking solution and haven't seen or heard any ad since. And it works on all major browsers, too. Try it.
AdBlock. On Chrome and FF.

If you use Firefox, use the Filterset.G definitions.
Using Foobar there is an option to enable kernel streaming. Next to a lot of nonsense about its effect on audio quality (which is probably zero) there IS a big advantage; it removes foobar (mp3 player) from your windows volume sliders..

So you can be sure you get no sounds other than your music.
Cheers fellas!
Quote from Syfoon :AdBlock. On Chrome and FF.

If you use Firefox, use the Filterset.G definitions.

NO.

Filterset.G was discontinued a long ass time ago, and the adblock plus developer has said repeatedly that the Filterset.G rule block should be removed.
Quote from bunder9999 :NO.

Filterset.G was discontinued a long ass time ago, and the adblock plus developer has said repeatedly that the Filterset.G rule block should be removed.

Ah.

I stopped using FF a long ass time ago

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG