The online racing simulator
LFS Lags when the toast pops up, bug?
My LFS is stuttery when other things happen such as changing pages in firefox or 'download complete' pops up, does anybody else have this problem?
(sorry if this is the wrong forum)
Without wanting to state the obvious, erm, close your web browser while playing LFS?
Yeah Firefox causes lots of stutter problems in games for me. Mainly because I have all sorts of extensions that run at periodic intervals, like forcastfox or page update checker.
Plus, ever notice how much ram firefox eats up with tons of tabs open? Right now, my firefox is chewing away at 83MB of RAM. Might not be much when you have 2GBs, but still.
Quote from joeynuggetz :Plus, ever notice how much ram firefox eats up with tons of tabs open? Right now, my firefox is chewing away at 83MB of RAM. Might not be much when you have 2GBs, but still.

Thats not really a problem. While its in the background it should get pushed to swap if the game needs the ram its taking up.
#6 - Vain
Quote from Stregone :Thats not really a problem. While its in the background it should get pushed to swap if the game needs the ram its taking up.

Which causes a lot of HDD-traffic when some extension says "eh, wake up, I need to check this".
Always shut down all unnecessary software while playing 3d accelerated games. That goes for Oblivion, LFS and QuakeII.

Vain
#7 - ORION
Firefox uses a lot javascript specially for extensions like noscript and adblocki, this makes things really slow.
Wne playing a game, you should close all unnesscesary programs anyway.
I find I can leave a firefox window or 2 and maybe iTunes or something open whileplaying other games without any problems. I have 2GB of ram so swapping shouldn't be an issue, unless playing Battlefield2 <_< . But LFS seams to be more prone to stuttering than other games when something small happens in the background, particularly the sound, which is maybe why I notice it more.
I haven't got a high-end by any means with an Athlon 2500+ and 512 MB Dual-DDR @ 333MHz, but still I can leave several Firefox windows open without any performance loss at all, in fact even the media player in the background at the same time doesn't make much difference.

Perhaps it's because in FF I don't use any periodic or constant plugins, but what I have noticed is that if I leave the browser windows open on any page with active content such as automatically changing banners I get huge freezes every couple of seconds. Leaving LFSF or LFSW open are just fine.
when new player join or get on track the trouble has been Ba,, stutter or a pause, semi lock and then whammo back on timing - wird it was never so bad in Q

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG