The online racing simulator
IHR Server Updates
(31 posts, started )
IHR Server Updates
In response to many people saying they want IHR's clean racing, but since we raised our racing requirements that many people cant race there and race elsewhere... So we have lowered entry and class requirements as well as added fz50, RAC, UF1 and .... We hope to see you there for the cleanest racing on LFS as o0f today cars available are ALL fendered cars

IHR will be recruiting (5) new members
See KILLFIX, Menantoll or Ori

KILLFIX / Chuck
Wow, you added even more cars? That'll be the best server ever!

BOOTHY / Michael
Hehe, am I the only one who finds this amusing?
Doesnt change the fact that I'm still banned for no reason.

So how can I try out the NEW CARS you add???
#5 - J@tko
I think Boothy ruined this thread before it even really got started
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum : unnecessary
#6 - 5haz
Now you only have to add the BF1 for total carnage.
Good choice guys.
"Please come back to our server"
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum
:doh:

We haven't added more cars. Killfix forgot that he'd already mentioned it a few weeks ago.

We have reduced our minimum requirement to 100 LFSEI though.

My opinion: This was posted in the wrong place. Can a mod move it to LFS Hosts Forum ?
The hosts forum is for people to talk about hosting, not for server annoucements. I see there are a couple in there atm, but I'm going to move them out. Server talk can be kept in general discussion or leagues & events, depending on which is more applicable to your server.
Quote from Bob Smith :The hosts forum is for people to talk about hosting, not for server annoucements.

I thought it was more like "A place for Franky to advertise."

:hidesbehi
Quote from hyntty :I thought it was more like "A place for Franky to advertise."

:hidesbehi

! not my fault if nobody else uses it for its purpose!
good answer
good reply Franky
New Server
After listening to many suggestions and requests, from users of this forum, for a server with less cars, Ironhorse Racing is proud to bring to you it's latest server (IHR)Random Madness. Special thanks to Kevin Myers for the name.

(IHR)Random Madness is running a combo rotation with single class racing. Each rotation will be for 8 races with a 5 minute qualifying period at each change to help racers familiarise themselves with the change of class/car.

There will be NO entry, ranking, lfsei or safety rating requirements. (something else I have seen many of you ask for).

(IHR)Random Madness uses the same Database as our (IHR)Ironhorse Racing server so any points earned in (IHR)Random Madness will count towards your ranking at (IHR)Ironhorse Racing.

Current Track and next combo can been seen by typing the usual !tr command and a list of combo's in rotation can be seen by typing !list.

Vote end is enabled and can be used if you don't like the current combo.

Finally, if you would like your favourite combo added to the rotation or if you have any other suggestions/improvements then please either post in this thread or on our forum at www.ironhorseracing.net

Happy Racing
That sounds more like it
Ahh Franky, just the man

Can you change the name of this thread for me to "IHR Server Updates"? That way it becomes a catch all and then all I have to do is educate Chuck to post here and not make another new thread.
That's actually a pretty neat idea. I'll try to remember to check out the server next time I fire up LFS.
+1 mates!
nice
IHR Updates Multiclass server

IRONHORSE RACING 2010
TEAM IMAGE
Team image is important in any type of competition. In the first six months we have shown LFS that all IHR members are 1. Competitive, 2. Respectful, 3. Clean racers, 4. Helpful to all. We have also shown that we can provide and manage excellent servers.. I personally feel that IHR as a team has an EXCELLENT REPUTATION AND IMAGE.
MULTICLASS SERVER
Since Cargame COPIED our server almost exactly (except for standards) we have seen a lot of people go there… This was compounded by the fact that I raised requirements for all categories of racing in our multi server…. We all know that LFS noobs always follow the crowd.. I will be honest, I hate seeing them full and IHR not….. But, I don’t want to lower our standards so all we have is a full server of idiots… We need middle ground.. Recently we have made several changes to the multi server…. Hopefully this will improve usage to a reasonable level… I for one was getting burnt out from having a full server for 6 months solid….. A good place to be is to have an average usage of 25 racers during peak times.. This will give us great racing and a manageable server.
GT SERVER
We will be starting a GT server with GT1,GT2 and GT3…. The plan is to keep it simple… We will attach full airio with a points system.. We will use only one GT class on each track, this will put all racers in the same car for each track… We will rotate using GT1 on larger tracks and GT2 and GT3 on smaller tracks . This Server will be up within the week…..
Thanks Killfix
Quote from JVIONE :

You must attach that.

Quote :
MULTICLASS SERVER
Since Cargame COPIED our server almost exactly (except for standards) we have seen a lot of people go there… This was compounded by the fact that I raised requirements for all categories of racing in our multi server…. We all know that LFS noobs always follow the crowd.. I will be honest, I hate seeing them full and IHR not….. But, I don’t want to lower our standards so all we have is a full server of idiots… We need middle ground.. Recently we have made several changes to the multi server…. Hopefully this will improve usage to a reasonable level… I for one was getting burnt out from having a full server for 6 months solid….. A good place to be is to have an average usage of 25 racers during peak times.. This will give us great racing and a manageable server.

Well then I have you guys to blame for the system. Why in the world would you want so many cars racing at the same time? I'm honestly surprised any server running that system has any population at all. IMO running multiclass servers need to be limited to some extent. For example:

IHR Road Cars: STD, TBO, LRF
IHR GTRs: nGT, GT2, GT1
IHR SingleSeaters: FBM, FOX, FO8 (Rotation, not at one time)

Any other way just makes things too crowded and drops the fun factor exponentially.

Quote :
GT SERVER
We will be starting a GT server with GT1,GT2 and GT3…. The plan is to keep it simple… We will attach full airio with a points system.. We will use only one GT class on each track, this will put all racers in the same car for each track… We will rotate using GT1 on larger tracks and GT2 and GT3 on smaller tracks . This Server will be up within the week…..
Thanks Killfix

This sounds like a decent idea though.
Quote from z-ro 8 :I'm gonna start calling you Mr. LFS

Meh, there's many things that have not been touched when it comes to LFS, I just try to point them out (mainly in leagues).
Quote from PMD9409 :You must attach that.

Well then I have you guys to blame for the system. Why in the world would you want so many cars racing at the same time? I'm honestly surprised any server running that system has any population at all. IMO running multiclass servers need to be limited to some extent. For example:

IHR Road Cars: STD, TBO, LRF
IHR GTRs: nGT, GT2, GT1
IHR SingleSeaters: FBM, FOX, FO8 (Rotation, not at one time)

Any other way just makes things too crowded and drops the fun factor exponentially.

[COLOR=black][COLOR=black]This sounds like a decent idea though.

Hi Phil,
If you raced the server you will realize that cars like UF1 are disables on like KY2, and FXRFZRXRR on say FE1, to prevent cars from piling up as it is.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Hi Phil,
If you raced the server you will realize that cars like UF1 are disables on like KY2, and FXRFZRXRR on say FE1, to prevent cars from piling up as it is.

So what you are saying is, STD cars are on the same track as GTRs? Thank you for strengthening my point.

IHR Server Updates
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG