The online racing simulator
Your first Bf drive
(58 posts, started )
id always known the performance of f1 cars was amazing... but to experience it in lfs is just left me a bit overwhelmed at first. the races are very violent due to the newbies but after a few weeks battles should be closer and cleaner.

i was really impressed most with the braking. I had high expectations and i was still way impressed with the braking.
You know, for months, everyone was complaining that no one raced the slow cars. "It's GTR this, F08 that!" "Much better racing in the road cars as their slower and the racing is closer." Etc. Now, everyone is going banana's over the BF1 and it's almost all that's being driven. I find this amusing, sorry .

Me? Nah, definitely not my type. I didn't like the F08 and I don't like the BF1. Not that I'd complain that it's there. That's great I think. My home is in the FZR and it is just awesome now. With the new physics and tires, no more simple mistakes being fatal to your race. I still managed to spin it out when I expected it to spin, but no more spinning when it should have been totally recoverable. Great job devs!!!

I tried the BF1 at As National, one of the new AS tracks, and at Westhill just after running the FZR there for a few hours. That thing is so blazingly fast, I don't have enough time to make the next corner. As for grip, I've heard nothing so far but "man the grip!" "awesome grip!" etc, but I couldn't get the thing not to understeer and plow through the corner. Braking also, I couldn't keep from locking up. It may have been because as I exited one corner, in a fraction of a second, i was already past the next corner. I'll just stick to the GTR's and other tin tops and wait for the novelty to wear off .

As for the future direction of the BF1, I don't think it will follow the same path as the F08 did, where it became almost an oval only car. It will have a much bigger following, but folks will stray back to what they always ran before as well as others starting to run stuff like the LX4/6 that they didn't in patch Q.

Have fun you all in the BF1. I'll be waiting for you all.
lol, drive the UF1 for a couple laps, and then take the BF1 for a ride on the same track. w00tisj
#29 - Jakg
Quote from Greboth :its so cool, tried blackwood, was like OMFG, then was on aston and that was amazing, theres so grip.
I think im in love lol.

Edit : My brake pedal is now known as the "make ur eye balls come out if sockets pedal" it is seriosuly mad how fast that thing stops.

i just cant believe that a. im using the default sets, and b that they get 3g's under braking, i watched myself driving westhill, and it looked just like an f1 race, all the kerbs so smooth and shooting past at 180 mph!
i drove this baby first on kyoto gp, and wow! with slight modifications due to understeering to the set i was able to flay around the track.. most impressive was the corner after going through the tunnel at the cross over, the little right hander. First lap i took it with caution but second lap i was risking it and took that corner nearly flat out, i think with a descent set it can be taken flat out.... was a pleasure to drive it tho....

mad
First reaction... I'm scared to drive this! The speed was quite intimidating at first since I hadn't touch LFS for a few weeks at all and then jumped straight to BF1.
I tried the bf1 on aston grand prix this morning and the smiles you get from that. I didnt and still dont know the curcuit to well but was jsut amazing tothrow it round that track,
waannna get shocked? BF1/SO long/cockpit view=WTF?
I tried some races at Westhill. Oh my God! What a blast!!!!! :faint:
The BF1 is easy to drive for keyboard with TC! The only problem is that the car is to fast for my framerate.
#36 - Vain
Ehem, you're a demoracer, Honda360. *point* No BF1 for you.

Anyway, my first BF1 stint was on KY GP. Started in a practice session, noticed that there is TC, disabled the TC, restarted, and started with a long burnout through the first gear (no, no donuts, just straight until some speed is achieved). The first hit to 300km/h was of course impressive. After the second or third lap things were easier and I began getting consistant with 0.5secs difference between the laps or so.

Vain
Quote :The BF1 is easy to drive for keyboard with TC! The only problem is that the car is to fast for my framerate.

*poke* cracker!
#38 - Jakg
Quote from Rappa Z :*poke* cracker!

your gonna flame me for this, but at school i use cracker (too many firewealls to unlock LFS any other way, plus i am on lots of diferent machines and that ould kill my available unlocks!) so i upgraded the copy on my stick to S, and im back as a demo racer, so i run the cracker, and BAM, it doesnt work! so either that user is using a different pc/user account, or hes making it up, either way, no more crackers for a while methinks!
Quote :your gonna flame me for this, but at school i use cracker (too many firewealls to unlock LFS any other way, plus i am on lots of diferent machines and that ould kill my available unlocks!) so i upgraded the copy on my stick to S, and im back as a demo racer, so i run the cracker, and BAM, it doesnt work! so either that user is using a different pc/user account, or hes making it up, either way, no more crackers for a while methinks!

u still bought it... at least once. That's enough
The BF1 could officially be known as the "automatic endorphin releasing machine" if you ask me. Before this patch, I was not a fan of OW cars at all, now I really like all of them. But driving the BF1 at any SO track is so violent and visceral it's mildy alarming at first! And thereby somewhat addicting if you ask me. I've never driven any "sim" that even comes close to the seemingly tangible tactile forces LFS seems to communicate now, and the BF1 makes me wince in my seat and grunt like a troll, causing odd reactions from my wife.... But the car demands verbal reaction now & then as you fire it at the curb, thinking you'll end up right where you should, but not really having time to be cognizant about recent and future happenings to any significant degree...

I've not watched many F1 races, but needless to say I have generated a new found awe and respect for F1 drivers. I can't beleive people actually do that on a real track, subject to the real forces on their bodies. That is absolutely incredible to me. The many F1 fans on here will think "no sh*t sherlock" probably having viewed many an in car cam, but to an F1 N00b it's really something. Glancing at the speeds and seeing the wheel shake rattle and roll is a raw, exhilerating experience.

Excellent move getting this car into LFS, it makes LFS shine IMO.
Quote from jayhawk :I will probably get tomato(e)s thrown at me, but the BF1 is FAR easier to drive than the F08. Went ten laps around BLackwood and only spun out once. With the F08 I would spin out ten times in one lap!

If you like open wheel cars, then you HAVE to go back and drive the FV8 now. It is a dream too. Very much easier to drive, sticks much better, and feels a lot like the FOX did before. It is very fun now. You still have to be careful with the throttle, but it is not nearly like it was before.

The BF1 is simply insane. I couldn't keep up with the car. But, after 30 or so laps at AS GT, I was feeling pretty good with it. To drive this car well, will take a lot of work. But the sheer gut wrenching, reaction time testing thrill of it for now is good enough. What a blast.
Much fun especially with plenty of head movement, really immersive having to concentrate with the head bouncing all over the place. Didn't like the OWs before increasing the head movement values, now they're really entertaining
The brakes! The speed! Just amazing...
Racing seems poor on AS North atm because no-one understands you can't pile into t1.

But on the ATC server we had great races at Aston National, the BF1 if fantastic and i set my pb today only .30 off the WR pace. But what caught my eye was this shunt in a race, at the fastest part of the track...its quite spectacular...

http://beta.yousendit.com/tran ... amp;ufid=2B0E57951382A4EB
The reaction depends on if you've driven other games with F1 cars. Just like in real life, you can get aclimated to some pretty fast paced stuff. I hate to admit this, but one thing that the arcade series Need For Speed had going for it was a sense of speed, and some fast manuevering. Having played F1C99-02, and the formula in rFactor before, I found the BF1 a welcome addition to LFS. The 2nd car I drove in version 2T was the LX6 (I used to own a Caterham).
My eyes were having difficulties in adjusting to the SPEED of the thing, my jaw was on the floor, my hands were shaking, my breath was on hold and my mind was warping and fearful at the same time. That's pretty much how it went for me... my first try with BF1 and in South City classic (SO1), I don't think I'll never forget that first time Rocketing along the tight city streets was actually frightening at those speeds. What a RUSH

Lunatic of a car that F1... further strengthening my impression that real-life F1 drivers are insane
Quote from Rappa Z :*poke* cracker!

I'm not a cracker! I don't know why below my name 'demo racer' is written? How I can change this? Have I register with my LFS name (the_stig01)?

Thnx..
I saw I was login with my demo account name. I'm sorry...

Btw,
One negative point of the BF1, the car is like a machine. Faults are easy to correct..
Turn off the TC and try again... Then come back and tell us how it went...
Quote :I saw I was login with my demo account name. I'm sorry...

Btw,
One negative point of the BF1, the car is like a machine. Faults are easy to correct..

ok corrected. sry.

Your first Bf drive
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG