The online racing simulator
Error message?
(8 posts, started )
Error message?
anyone know what this means? I'm guessing something is up with my memory. is it f%&ed?
Attached images
error.JPG
naw, it just means the program crashed. unless you get this a lot with different programs, but you'd probably also get a lot of BSOD's too.

JQS stands for java quick start, a useless piece of software. you can disable it in the java control panel, but there is also a windows service, and browser plugins as well.
thanks bunder, so if i locate jqs.exe & remove it that should do the trick?
(btw it does it a lot when loading new browser windows)

edit: disabled it in firefox job done .
Quote from anttt69 :thanks bunder, so if i locate jqs.exe & remove it that should do the trick?

Yes, but updating Java could result in a new .exe, but you'll be alright if you disabled it totally.
yeah, if you don't disable it completely, the main jqs process will probably keep sneaking it's way into the startup... similar to how quicktime won't go away until you uninstall it. and every update will probably turn it back on.

personally i hate java, it's worse than flash.
About that hating, I'm hating it too since I had to reinstall XP... I can't open most of the stuff that require Java and some stuff that require Flash/Shockwave.
The best way of disabling jqs is in Control Panels>Java>Advanced>Miscellanious>untick Java Quick Start.

BTW, what the world is so wrong with Java? I find it to be pretty convenient, well structured, fast and really multiplatform language. Unlike Flash it can be actually very useful...
Quote from MadCatX :BTW, what the world is so wrong with Java? I find it to be pretty convenient, well structured, fast and really multiplatform language. Unlike Flash it can be actually very useful...

to some people java is very useless. to each their own i guess. people will tell you it's the best language since sliced bread, but i've never used a java program that i did like. most of them consume too much CPU and/or RAM.

Error message?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG