The online racing simulator
XRG/XFG normal setups like an normal car
(13 posts, started )
can somebody make setups for XRG/XFG with a long gear like in real life cars (i mean,to not accelerate so fast,and to change gears at 2.5/3 RPM's)
tnx in advance
You can change gear when you want, you know.
I know but i don't understand very well so i ,want helpp
Well lets go step by step....

1. In Options|Controls-Buttons 1,2 set your keys for upshift\downshift if you use controler
2. Then Options|Controls-Gear Shift mode set your auto,manual GB
3. When you are in track press Shift+G to change your GB like step 2.
4.If this not helps you RTFM of LFS

As for the setups there are some Road Going set from Bob if I m right.....
SouvlakiTheBest i ask for setups,my wheel buttons is mapped already
The LFS automatic transmission won't shift that early. It waits till the car gets much closer to redline / optimal shift points... For racing purposes and not fuel economy like most real life cars.

As Bob said, you can shift when you want. It will make the acceleration slower as you are not within the cars powerband. But also remember most real cars with automatic transmissions will remain in lower gears and climb to higher RPMs when your foot is on the floor. So do consider a bit how that comes into play.

I'm not sure what the purpose of shifting that early would be during a race,
Ok,thanks guys, i will try some setup on my own
I've seen a program that actually emulates automatic transmission, and it uses Outgauge. It processes the amount of throttle (%) and your RPM, and it changes gears accordingly. You can probably use this in conjunction with your road - going setup, and... I dunno, a set of dice hanging from your rear-view mirror

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG