The online racing simulator
My smrace cockpit from old door and old cabinet
A month or two ago I've suddenly bumped to http://mysimracerproject.blogspot.com/.

Australian overclocker build the cockpit for the LFS. I've liked the idea, so decided to do a similar thread, also because "office" chair on wheels chair makes me mad for a long time while roll during the pedalling. There are also little fix - just because I ride in the incar view, i don't need real dashboard/etc, so I've done just the table.

Project took 2 evenings to build ( completed currently about at 70% ).

Since i'ts my first attempt to build something like that i've decided make it as cheap and simple as possible.

Project not completed, but I'm alredy enjoy it

More pics soon.
To begin I've armed with a ruler and come to the real car close to XFG class.
Since it was automatic I've used "drive" mode as center of shifter carter.

Simplifying, car seat attached to car by 4 feets stood on 2 rails on the floor. I've used forward rail as starting point, values in cm.
The door, taken from neighborhood due change apartment interior procedure .

Also cabint, no photo, but old one, smth like that:

Cut the door to 150 cm height:

Chair from old ford Escrot mk5 (year about 1990+), not washed yet, costs about 8$ per chair ) :

Shifter:

#7 - Hahmo
Looking quite nice
Measure tonnel height:

And fix it:

Round red thing shows a magic box with button - if U have no extra wheel, U can obtain handbrake with this button and wire it to any button on your wheel. When U pull handbrake, there are a little switch becomes turned ON. Originally it's used to light stop signal on dashboard when u pull up handbrake @ car.
Handbrake - I will use metal rope later, but currently this one:

Pedals are from another wheel I've bought specially for make handbrake.

If u have currently 2-pedal wheel. U can cut it on 2 pieces and also obtain clutch
Building a table:

Top cover:

Second wheel - dumb "Logitech Vibration Something".... - with 2 cellphone vibrators inside:

extract the brain:

Extra buttons should be used AS IS, or rewired:

It's dumb, but it uses no extra AC, so it's useful . I've obtain used one, for about 10$
New place for second wheel brain and pedals port:

Current (but not finished) condition, i recommend place it on old blanket/covering - it's silenter and not damages floor:

It's basically have 4 separate parts - easy to move from one apartment from another (i've oftently change apartmets due job conditions - 1-2 times/year): base + chair + tonnel and table. table are complete separated, other pieces easy to separate, because they are attachced to each another ones just by 2-4 screws.

Length of base: 150cm.
The width of the table, total: 76cm
The height of the table, total 59sm
Height "tunnel", total 30cm
The height from the bottom of the base to the bottom of the pedal: 11cm
TODO in mind:

Wash the chair.
Fix all wires.
Buy steel wire rope and finish handbrake.
Use extra wood panels to complete side and rear outside walls.
Buy some carpet on floor and inside walls.
Paint or use glued plastic film to cutify outside walls. In Panda colors, I think. I've found that table in black(dark) color match incar game dashboard very well.
Screw buttkicker (as australian guy).
Order on ebay or dig old used PCI (not PCI-E, _PCI_) graphics card (Nvidia TNT2, MX440, FX5200 - nvidia becuse i't makes drivers for old cards on modern operating systems) any modern videocard already have 2 outputs, will be total - to 3 monitors. So it will possible to build not expensive 3-monitor layout.
really cool, looks MacGyver-ish, but that's how you do it Just spend some time on it with a sander and give it a lick of paint.

I don't quite understand your handbrake setup, do you use the build-in button in the handbrake or the vertical pedal behind it?
Project not completed, of course it will polished a bit

I'm using the vertical pedal, but I give attention on it to people who dont want buy second wheel and mess with it, but wants real handbrake - they can just obtain handbrake with build-in button and wire it to any button they have - on wheel/mouse/joystick/keyboard etc.
I have some tools alredy as car owner and just a bit handy man ), but i bought:

old 3-door car chair: 8$
used logitech wheel: 12$
screws: 15-18$
electro-fretsaw: 15$ + 5$ saws for it (3 pieces, one used)
wooden beams (2x[45x45x3000)+1x[45x30x3000]): 3$(not used ( )+3$(used 50%)+2$(used 50%)

think that's all extra money i've put in it
1. my suggestion is only 2 buttkickers is not usable, stick with one.
2. i was also too lazy to mess with 3 monitor layout ).
Well done! This is the kind of build I like to see DIY, cheap, but effective

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG