The online racing simulator
Scripting: ctrl_f11 and ctrl_f12 are unkown key functions
Hi.

I thought I'd bind key Q to left blinker, and key E to right blinker. Using this guide I've made the scripts, but LFS just says that "ctrl_f11" and "ctrl_f12" are "unknown key functions", even though the guide says they are valid.

My scripts are as follows:

autoexec:
/ctrlf 11 /run indicateLeft
/ctrlf 12 /run indicateRight
/key Q ctrl_f11
/key E ctrl_f12

indicateLeft:
/press 7
/ctrlf 11 /run indicateStop

indicateRight:
/press 8
/ctrlf 12 /run indicateStop

indicateStop:
/press 0

It is line 3 and 4 in autoexec that contains the "unkown key functions". What am I doing wrong?
I don't think you can assign the F keys to keyboard keys. When you assign it to a button it is assigning it to a wheel/gamepad or something (which you can do via menus).

Your only options are to live with pressing F11/F12, use a wheel/gamepad or find some external way to make Q/E simulate into F11 or F12 presses.
I have done it defaultly to CTRL+F09,10,11,12 according to the guide. Then mapped it with Joy2Key to the game controller.
check the video at 3:20 to 4:00 for these functions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V01nKa5_cps
Quote from blackbird04217 :I don't think you can assign the F keys to keyboard keys. When you assign it to a button it is assigning it to a wheel/gamepad or something (which you can do via menus).

Your only options are to live with pressing F11/F12, use a wheel/gamepad or find some external way to make Q/E simulate into F11 or F12 presses.

I tried using /button 1 ctrl_f11, and it gave no error. So I assume then the guide is faulty stating that ctrl_f1 - ctrl_f12 are valid key functions.

Is there no other way to make a key press run a script?
ctrl_f1 to f12 are valid.

If you used /button 0 ctrl_f1 you will effectively map button 0 on your gamepad/wheel you be the F1 bind. But 'button' is not for keyboard keys.

As petervsp said you can use JoyToKey, which is using an external thing like I mentioned in the options you have.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG